Thread: August 24th - 2nd annual Falcon mini regional

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Does one need to belong to the FCA to go to the mini ??..jh

Simple answer no.

Bring a falcon and show up or just show up.. we did last year..

I think this mini meet is a measure to see if they can host a full regional in the future.

Which if successful would make me happy, because i try and avoid california like the plague.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    Does one need to belong to the FCA to go to the mini ??..jh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    Simple answer no.
    I think this mini meet is a measure to see if they can host a full regional in the future.
    Gonna climb up onto a soap-box for a second. Please humor me a moment. I just want to clarify what these two posts present for members and non-members alike..

First of all, not joining a club and wanting to participate in club-sanctioned events at the same time seems very odd to me (and others I've spoken with about it). Supporting a club includes being a member - the same way being a member is supporting a club.

We are not restricting anyone at this time, nor do we plan to, from attending Rainier Chapter sanctioned local events. FCA sanctioned events are outside our control and we must abide by club rules.

We may, though, as a chapter, hesitate to offer the same services to a non-club member we might otherwise offer to a club member. Tech days, for instance, would be a service of the club offered to club members. Exceptions have occurred, but I will boldly say that, when we do this, we circumnavigate the reason we formed the club and this practice should not be a club event. To be clear, club members helping non-club members is their business, but it should be presented as such. I have seen a tendency, when the club allows a tech day to work on a non-member's car, to never see or hear from the person we helped ever again. "Thanks for the help! Now, "See ya!"

Now -that- is confusing.

This forum, for instance, is an official outreach of the Rainier Chapter of the FCA, but is not requiring FCA membership to participate in some parts of it. There are sections of this forum invisible to non-FCA members. This forum is still funded by and supported by FCA club members. We are paying to keep this forum alive for non-members, both locally and around the world. This forum and its members have a lot to offer - without a certain "craziness" I see on other Falcon-based forums. We continue to try and keep it current and have plans to make a big change here soon too, to make it more so a shining example of what other chapters (and the national FCA site) could and should do. So thank you to all forum members who are both Rainier Falcon chapter and FCA club members! We really appreciate your participation!

Now... as for this mini-meet hosted by the Portland chapter of the FCA - it, like many of our local meets and tech days, is NOT an FCA sanctioned event, so this is also why they are able to invite Comets. If it were a true regional or national meet, then non-FCA members, or non_Falcon cars owned by FCA members, would not be allowed to show.

So hopefully that clarifies how this is all supposed to work.

Last edited by Luva65wagon; July 8th, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"