PDA

View Full Version : Ford 289 engine

BadBird
October 24th, 2020, 11:26 PM
I have a 289 engine that was taken out of a mustang. The engine was given to me and I thought I would rebuild it, but I am going with a larger engine. This one can go to anyone who would like it. FREE. Been in my garage since I picked it up. Roger our president and a friend removed it from the car. Let me know if you want it. Larry

Luva65wagon
October 25th, 2020, 10:53 PM
Larry, if you don't get any joy here you might try Craigslist to get a broad swath of views.

FWIW I think this is the one you got from Gene's son Christopher and I'm scratching my head to remember what car it came out of. I'm not sure I pulled it, but I know I helped load it. I was involved with 3 Mustangs he had, but I don't recall any having a 289. Gene may know more. Regardless, it is free, so it is what it is. :)

BadBird
October 30th, 2020, 04:55 PM
Maybe I was hearing things, but I think Gene's son said he took the 289 out of a mustang. At my age, who knows. I looked at the block numbers and here is what I found out. It is a 1965-1968, 289 Windsor small-block, Hi-Po, 2-bolt mains, 6-bolt bellhousing. I am going to take a couple of pictures and put it on craigslist. I probably will ask for some money, not sure how much, but if someone here needs it. FREE. Larry

Luva65wagon
November 3rd, 2020, 01:30 PM
Maybe it was Gene's old 289 from his Ranchero. I know he bought another 302 to replace it. But I can't recall what he did with it (I'm sure he says in his 302 thread). Of the 3 Mustangs I worked on for Gene's son (two-67's and one-69) each had motors already - though the first 67 had just had a new motor installed when I met his son and got hired-on to complete it for him. Trust me, I can't keep track of my own stuff much less other peoples stuff. LOL

BadBird
December 12th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Sold the 289 engine today to a gentleman from Idaho. Really wanted HP 289 to build up and put in his 66 Mustang. It will be a good starting point for him. Larry

Luva65wagon
December 12th, 2020, 11:46 PM
Yay! Now maybe a Falcon will come your way. [thumb]