PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump

Gitanesteel
September 6th, 2017, 04:47 AM
Walked into the shop early this morning to the smell of gas. Looked under the Falcon and there's a puddle. Looks like a rubber line has cracked.

I'm assuming this is the fuel pump. Is the fuel under pressure when changing this out or is it simple as popping this off and putting a new hose on and not worrying about too much gas spilling. There's no for a photo or diagram in the shop manual.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4389/37062496485_27e7249bd1_b.jpg

Jeff W
September 6th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Hi Scott, it's not under pressure, but gravity will likely allow gas from your tank and line to dribble out when you remove that rubber hose. I usually have everything cut to size and ready to go, then make quick work of it. A catch pan under the car gets the few dribbles that escape.

Gitanesteel
September 6th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Thanks Jeff. Definitely a little more gas than I was expecting. Glad you mentioned the catch pan. After a few contortions and it's good to go. The cracking on the hose was on the sharp bend to the pump. I added a little length to soften that bend (experience from my old bikes - softer bends make shifting a breaking better).