PDA

View Full Version : I guess I need to change my user name...

Luva65wagon
May 31st, 2017, 02:24 PM
The Luva65wagon probably now needs to be changed to Luvafalcon. My wagon went to its new home today:

Sold it to a nice couple who had seen it at the swap 2 years ago and again this year. They are interested in maintaining a presence with the club, but were not really buying it for use in car shows - just Sunday drives.

Almost 20 years I owned it, purchased it a couple days after the 4th of July in 1997. So, it's a sad/happy day.

:( :)

Jeff W
May 31st, 2017, 06:55 PM
Congratulations! Now that you have extra room, can I store my Falcon at your place?
:ROTFLMAO:

BadBird
May 31st, 2017, 08:58 PM
Sad little picture. Nice it is going to a good couple. Congratulations but I know it was hard to let it go. Jeff, you crack me up. [BOW] Larry

SmithKid
May 31st, 2017, 09:27 PM
Yup. Kind of a sad thought/picture. But I know it was a decision long in the making, and long in the process. We all know the couple got a good car! :(

dhbfaster
June 3rd, 2017, 06:23 AM
Yea, I felt it, seeing that pic. But...perfect picture to transition (notice I'm not saying "end") the story to someone else who will appreciate what you put into it and hopefully love it another 20 years.

Luva65wagon
June 3rd, 2017, 09:06 PM
Have been expecting some remorse, but I guess I must be happy to have my car in the carport again, which is negating it somewhat.
:rolleyes:

dhbfaster
June 4th, 2017, 06:31 AM
My Dad always said that after he sold a car he never wanted to see it again.
Too emotional- he was always afraid the next owner wouldn't take care of it like we did.