PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Falcon AM radio and FM converter

beerbelly
April 30th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I've finally decided to upgrade my original 1965 Ranchero radio, so if you're looking for an OEM FoMoCo AM radio in great condition, this is it. It works perfectly; all pushbuttons work as they should, and the needle moves smoothly across the band. I cleaned and lubed it internally, and installed a new lamp. It came from my 66B Deluxe, so it has the Deluxe knobs and works with the Deluxe dash bezels.

For the real nostalgia fan, I also have a NOS Sparkomatic FM converter that plays FM through the AM radio. I bought this new in the box on eBay a few years ago. It also works perfectly and includes the mounting brackets. If you want the old school look with AM/FM in your Falcon or Ranchero, this is the set up that was used back in the day.

Radio: $100
FM converter: $30
Both: $120
Can ship, and I have a PayPal account. I'm located near Portland OR. PM me if you're interested.

Ric
May 9th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Hi I have a 1964 futura with a dead radio. I am very interested in your radio. My dash panel has the little trim piece that runs between the buttons and face. Is that what you meant by deluxe ?
If so I would like to buy it from you.
Ric Johnson
425 533 8130 is my cell number [yay]

beerbelly
May 9th, 2017, 06:36 AM
Nice talking to you Ric, and thanks; I'll box it up today. Here's a photo of it in my '65 Deluxe dash for reference:

beerbelly
May 9th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Radio is SOLD. I still have the FM converter.

I also have a direct-fit dash speaker with the correct Ford wiring plug. This has the waterproof plastic cone, not paper. Worked great with my old AM radio.
$20 + shipping.

beerbelly
May 11th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Just dropped the radio off at the post office Ric; you should see it Saturday.

Thanks

Ric
May 12th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Great news thanks. Now I wonder if I should have picked up the speaker too. LOL. We will see how it sounds with my speaker Ric

Ric
May 14th, 2017, 05:33 AM
The radio works great . So nice to have sound again
Thanks
Ric:BEER:

beerbelly
May 14th, 2017, 10:00 AM
That's great Ric; glad it got there safely.