PDA

View Full Version : Monroe Swap Meet May 20-21

Luva65wagon
January 25th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Our annual trip to the Monroe Swap Meet was approved at the last meeting. The dates for this are May 20 and 21, but we usually only stay on the Saturday.

This is a pretty major outreach for the club to let everyone know about the club, but also an opportunity to sell some of your very-good-to-new parts you'd like to get rid of. I usually head out on Friday before and do some preliminary setup and haul some of the things like the pop-up tent and some of the stuff I have or has been given me by some of you to sell.

Hopefully we can get a few of you to volunteer to man the booth. Please let us know if you can come and spend some time there.

Here's a link to the swap meet page:

http://seattleautoswapmeet.com/

Gitanesteel
January 26th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Dang - I'll be at the 2nd of 7 consecutive weekends of fastpitch softball tournaments.

Luva65wagon
January 31st, 2017, 01:07 PM
I have paid the $40 to reserve our spot, so if any of you want to sell anything be sure to let us know. The sooner, the better. I will have a lot of left-over parts to sell and will be looking for new parts while there too.

Jeff W
January 31st, 2017, 07:36 PM
If your wagon sells before then, we will have to find a different rig to draw the crowds in and make the connection.

I will plan on being at the booth Saturday.

Do we know where the signage and tent are living these days?

Luva65wagon
January 31st, 2017, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty sure I have the signage, but I think the tent went away with you last year... somewhere.

:confused:

BadBird
January 31st, 2017, 10:29 PM
Do you want me to bring my car? Larry

Luva65wagon
January 31st, 2017, 11:09 PM
We'll decide what it looks like the week-of since weather can always play a role too.

Jay Baker
March 18th, 2017, 08:03 AM
I'd like to participate Saturday, the 20th, and sell a few parts with proceeds going to the club's treasury. Sometime in the next month I'll post a list of the small parts I'm disposing of. Large parts to be offered include two 14" rally wheels, a set of 4 complete 14" Galaxie "Sport" spinner wheel covers, a '65 2-dr deck lid, and a '65 2-dr passenger fender. The lid & fender are straight & rust-free. Jay's cell 360-428-0757

Luva65wagon
March 21st, 2017, 09:47 AM
Hi Jay. Good to hear from you. Of course you can bring stuff to sell. I assume you are planning to bring these parts in Saturday and stay the entire day? I will be there to setup on Friday, about 1 PM, so that is an option for you, or anyone, wanting to deliver things other that between 6-7 AM Saturday morning, or after the gate opens at 8.

On that note, everyone, please be aware that items we don't sell all have to be taken away at the end of the day on Saturday. We will have limited "return" space for these items, so please be prepared to haul whatever you bring, back with you. Thanks!

phasmiddy
May 15th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Hey guys. We talked last year about bringing my car to the booth and manning the station for a bit, but I can only go on Sunday because I have to do something on Saturday. Are you guys not having the booth on Sunday?

phasmiddy
May 15th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Me! I can help on Sunday, and bring my car.

Jeff W
May 16th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Me! I can help on Sunday, and bring my car.

I think you are off the hook this year. Roger will show his wagon and we are only open Saturday.

Luva65wagon
May 16th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Yep, we'll go with that plan for now.. I'm gonna be bringing only what I can bring back in my wagon if nothing sells at all.

Luva65wagon
May 19th, 2017, 09:50 PM
I went out and set up the pop-up and took a small load out. The rest is in my wagon to take out in the morning. I plan to get there by 7am since after 7:30 there is a $20 fee to get in and be "led" to the booth.

It appears a couple other Falcons will be competing with my wagon for being sold:

This '62 Gasser 2-door wagon
6366 6367 6368 6369
I didn't recognize that as a Ford motor. :rolleyes:

And this '64 Sprint Convertible
Seems to have been painted, but it's probably the $299 Maaco job.

Neither were priced but will be curious what they'll be asking for them.

We'll see all who comes, tomorrow.

Gitanesteel
May 20th, 2017, 09:15 PM
How about a report for those of us that couldn't make it? Was Roger successful in selling the wagon?

Luva65wagon
May 21st, 2017, 07:42 AM
Good day. Met a lot of Falcon people. There are 3 very interested parties vying for the wagon, one who put some money into being first in line... he wanted to sleep on it. If he declines I'll contact the others.

Sold a bunch of things I had (99% of all that was there was mine and I brought back 70% of it)
So that was good. Weather was perfect.

I'll for sure post an update if the wagon does sell - as that will certainly impact my username here. I may have need to change it.

Jeff W
May 21st, 2017, 09:44 AM
The weather was great which sure made it more enjoyable to work the booth. Thanks to Patrick, Kenny, Jay and Roger for putting in the hours to make it happen.

Here is a shot:

dhbfaster
May 21st, 2017, 10:02 AM
Thanks for representing guys and good luck with the wagon Roger, but...new name on the forum??? I don't know about that......:confused:

By the way, What's the story on all those classic tool boxes?

BillP 98201
May 23rd, 2017, 11:24 AM
I might trade for a station wagon....
Roger needs another round body! :ROTFLMAO:

SmithKid
June 1st, 2017, 11:33 AM
Anbody besides me planning to attend the show at BCC this coming Sunday (4th)? Looking like 10% chance rain. Oops! I shoulda started new thread. My bad.

Luva65wagon
June 1st, 2017, 03:16 PM
I should, and will, start a new thread when I get onto a real computer. I hope to make it if I can get at least one car running. Ranchero was de-carbed to find that carb doesn't fit TCTSNBN'd, so if I can get it together by Saturday I will go.