Jeff W
May 10th, 2015, 11:35 AM
http://www.efv8psrg.org/

BPVan
May 11th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately I will have to miss this year, I will be attending a wedding

Luva65wagon
May 12th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I have a wedding to go to as well, but that's the weekend before this. So I will likely make it.

As usual, anyone who is coming to this show can meet at the Factoria Mall BurgerKing between 8-8:30 in the morning with the intent being to get to BCC by 9 AM. In the past few years we have been a pretty large presence of Falcons at this show, so it will be good to see it happen again.

dhbfaster
May 15th, 2015, 10:28 PM
So as the club I'm the club green horn....I'm not too clear from the link. Is this both a car show and a swap meet?
Looks pretty big?
I was thinking of making the trip Sunday if I can get my seats done tomorrow.
I was really bummed I missed the meeting this week.

Jeff W
May 15th, 2015, 10:41 PM
So as the club I'm the club green horn....I'm not too clear from the link. Is this both a car show and a swap meet?
Looks pretty big?
I was thinking of making the trip Sunday if I can get my seats done tomorrow.
I was really bummed I missed the meeting this week.

The BCC Picnic on June 7 is a casual show\gathering.

This weekend's activity in Monroe is a Automotive swap meet - May 16 and 17th. The club will have a booth on Saturday only. The booth is mainly a recruiting tool.

Both events are sponsored by the Early Ford V8 Club. Their webmaster did a poor job separating the two events. They are on different weekends.

Personally I wouldn't make the drive Sunday May 17 for the Swap. Many of the booths are gone (including us) and the parts are picked over.

dhbfaster
May 15th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Gotcha...how long will the club be there at the booth tomorrow?
I take it I'm better off going early anyway...especially if I want to drop off some parts to sell.
How big is this swap meet?

Jeff W
May 16th, 2015, 05:46 AM
We will be there all day Saturday... 8 - 4:30 or 5.

Not huge but pretty big. Usually not much Falcon stuff but you never know what you will see.

Weather is looking good so it should be fun. Hope to see you there.

dhbfaster
May 16th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Woke up early and totally focused on the seats this morning. I better stick to the task at hand...have fun...hopefully I'll have some pics to show for it by Sunday.

Luva65wagon
June 1st, 2015, 11:18 AM
Just Pinging this as a reminder to everyone who might be thinking about going this weekend. I'll probably bring only one car this year. The wagon I think.

BadBird
June 1st, 2015, 10:33 PM
Everyone have a great time. Carol and I will be on our way to Wichita for a family reunion. This is also our schools 50 high school reunion. See you soon. God willing. Larry

Jeff W
June 4th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Looks like SUN!

See you there.

redfalken
June 5th, 2015, 03:29 PM
And a high of 84. Bring the suncreen! I'll be at the Burger King around 8:30 for breakfast. Hope we can find enough spots with some afternoon shade.

MacDee
June 6th, 2015, 09:23 AM
I got Freddie back last night... but she's going to need to earn our confidence back before I take her more than a mile from home! Alas, I will not be attending this year.

BillP 98201
June 6th, 2015, 09:07 PM
All of us working peeps need pictures! :D

SmithKid
June 7th, 2015, 10:21 PM
This show was pretty poorly attended this year, maybe due to the Mecum auction in Seattle. Only four of our Falcons attended, with the addition of a '64 Sprint Convertible (didn't run across the owner), and John Henry's (falconcobra) widow and one daughter came by mid-day in John's car.

SmithKid
June 7th, 2015, 10:34 PM
A few more pics of my favorite cars at this event. The '58 Ranchero was built by a man that has passed on and is now owned by his daughter (the lady in the pic). Beautiful car with 292 Y-block with AC, PS, and backed by a newer 5-speed. The other car was called a "rich man's rat rod" by one our members. It has a Bricklin drive train, leather interior, hand-built top, and a brush applied gray paint job. Check out the custom air cleaner (top end of an antique outboard motor).

Luva65wagon
June 8th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Yes, it was a pretty quiet day at the BCC show. Maybe too many other shows this weekend. Maybe Mecum, but I think that was only Fri-Sat. But maybe everyone decided to sell their cars on Fri-Sat? It was too bad more of us didn't make it this year, we usually have a lot of us there, but we did get a nice place with some shade.

Here is Lance's (user: 64SprintV8) K-code 64 Fairlane. Pretty rare beast apparently. 99.683% of all other Fairlanes built were not [like] that one. Good chatting with him. He had the Pertronix issue on another thread http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2730 which turned out to be the Pertronix unit thermo-failing.

Here's a Bronco for Steve's (user: Doghows) enjoyment. He's into these. He could have bought it for a mere $35K

We were all a bit surprised when John Henry's Falcon pulled up followed by his F1 pickup. We all discovered long after-the-fact of his passing and his wife Jeanie and daughter Sarah drove in the Falcon and a friend (who is buying it) drove in with the pickup. We offered our condolences and offered any help they may need keeping the Falcon going.

And finally here is another picture of the cool air-cleaner housing made from a vintage boat motor cover. The creativity of some folks...