PDA

View Full Version : New Garage/Shop

BadBird
August 8th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Believe I mentioned that we are building a new garage and shop. Here are a few pics. It is totally walled in, trusses delivered today. It will have 12 foot walls in the garage and 9 ft. in the shop. I will be installing a two post lift. Going well. Larry

Jeff W
August 8th, 2014, 09:16 PM
That looks great! Its nice you said "we" are building... what is Carol doing in her half?

pbrown
August 8th, 2014, 09:38 PM
That is going to be nice.

BadBird
August 10th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Jeff, Carol will be working on my car with me. Then on the next vehicle I am after. I still haven't found a 48-50 ford f1 yet. I will find one, but they are hard to locate for a decent price in any kind of shape. Larry

ew1usnr
August 11th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Hello, Larry.

Put bright lights in there! My two-car (more like one and a half) car garage has an overhead fixture with two fluorescent bulbs and there is never enough light to see anything.

I have to use a shop light and it seems that it is ALWAYS angled so that it shines straight into my eyes.

SmithKid
August 11th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Larry, I wonder if Carol would give my wife (Vel) some lessons !?!

BadBird
August 11th, 2014, 03:54 PM
The garage and shop areas will both have skylights and I will add a whole lot of lights on both sides. When I painted my car in my existing garage I added a bunch of light fixtures on the ceiling and sides. I still use them and agree the more the merrier.

Gene, Carol just likes to help. She doesn't really like to get dirty, but she will always lend a hand. If GOD made a more perfect woman I haven't met her yet. After 49 years of marriage to Carol, I can say, I have been blessed beyond words. Larry

SmithKid
August 11th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I also have 49 years invested in this, my first wife. But she doesn't want to help with the Falcon. But other than that..... I don't complain. I'm just jealous!

BillP 98201
August 12th, 2014, 08:09 PM
LOL Gene, Congrats Larry! It's a great feeling walking into "The shop", the days cares just slip away! ;:) Unless you are in Steve's shop :sawzall:

doghows
August 12th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Now, now Bill I tend to do a little more :banana: than:sawzall: but I look forward to doing a little of both in Larry's new shop. When's the first tech day??
Nice looking so far Larry. :rocker: