PDA

View Full Version : Carb adapter

doghows
May 22nd, 2014, 01:25 PM
Het met a nice guy over here today and he asked me a few questions, and is looking for some parts. Apparently he has a Holly one barrel car on his falcon but it's missing the adapter to out it on the manifold. Isn't it the same on all the cars?? He said he would send me a picture and or bring it by the shop but he is knee deep into the rebuilding of his car. I think he said 62 two door? All original and he want to bring it back to life stock. I told him about the club and the mini coming up so hopefully a new west coats member in the making.

pbrown
May 22nd, 2014, 02:13 PM
Is that the spacer with the coolant connections?

redfalken
May 22nd, 2014, 02:58 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/FAIAAOxyVLNS%7E-Jz/$_57.JPG

Here's one I just sold on eBay. You can get one for about $15-20. I think there may be different versions with different sized carb openings depending on the year. But it's aluminum so it should be fairly easy to mill and or do some porting.

doghows
May 22nd, 2014, 03:28 PM
Yup that looks like the critter. What differs it from the one with the auto lite carbs? I'm guessing bolt spacing for the car studs?

Luva65wagon
May 22nd, 2014, 03:43 PM
There were different sizes depending on 144/170/200 and some didn't have the vacuum feed "termite trail" to get vacuum up into the choke so the choke could "suck" hot air off the manifold (Kenny's pic didn't have this provision, so it was for manual choke). So, you need to get a measurement. I have a couple you powder coated, and I've not listed them on Ebay, but was planning to.

Luva65wagon
May 22nd, 2014, 03:46 PM
And the bolt spacings are the same until you get to the 250 c.i. log. The hole diameter and the vacuum feed was what varied.

doghows
May 22nd, 2014, 03:48 PM
This guy I met is Tom he has a 63 two door car with a 347 stroker in it. He drag races it a bit but also a nice street car. The other is his wife's that he is fixing up. He just bought a rebuilt carb and it's a single barrel Holley that whoever he bought it from said it was a stock original carb?? 170 engine, original, and I think he said auto? It's his wife's so I'm guessing auto.
How much you sell them on eBay for Roger. If you have one that will work for him I'll get you two in touch. Thanks guys.