PDA

View Full Version : Door panels

BillP 98201
February 12th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Have been looking for door panels, and am surprised they vary by 200. :WHATTHE: Who has the best ones for the price? Also who carries the best fitting kick panels? Thanks gang!

doghows
February 12th, 2014, 08:19 PM
My upholstery guy made me new custom ones for the delivery for $100 each?
I just installed my new kick panels from custom auto sound with the built in speakers, very little trimming and fit right in. I don't think I have a pic yet though.

SmithKid
February 12th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I got mine from DearbornClassics. They fit fine and look great. I suspect if I was to do it over (not happening), I'd have them custom made to go better with the seats I ended up with (non-stock).

BadBird
February 12th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I got mine done by Falcon/Comets in Seattle. He made them differently from the stock 64 panels because I don't like the shiny material on the stock panels. He does a beautiful job, but I don't know what they cost. He did a package deal on front, back seats, door panels, rear deck material, etc.

Luva65wagon
February 13th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I got the ones for my wagon (see my Interior redo thread at the end of it) from Original Falcon Interiors (OFI) as well. Fronts and rears cost me about $600 as I recall. But I may have said in my thread too - it's been a while.

On the Ranchero I was going cheap, so I ordered a set of pleated panels in black off of ebay for $70 as I recall.

Just remember - you get what you pay for usually, so my OFI panels were really nice and my ebay panels were passable, at best. I have seen Dearborn Classics stuff a couple times too, which looks really good.

BillP 98201
February 20th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. Got a set of door panels today from Falcon interiors.
They look great!

dhbfaster
February 20th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Show us some pictures Bill?

BillP 98201
February 21st, 2014, 07:46 AM
I can take some off the doors if you want. I'm still gonna order the kick panels, and handles before I start