PDA

View Full Version : Monroe swap meet

Gina K
February 8th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Is the Monroe Swap Meet April 13th? Is the club going to have a spot like last year? Ild like to bring some parts and also help out this year.

Luva65wagon
February 8th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Mid May (17-18). Yes, I mailed in the paperwork and we'll be in the same spot as last year. And yes, you can bring stuff to sell. We typically try to bring the gooder stuff we each have, though I'm bringing a lot to either give away or disperse to the winds.

Gina K
February 9th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the info, what I saw was in Monroe, Mi, oops.I have odds and ends to sell or pass on but mostly I have grills. They take up so much space and I have no need for them. Looking for Comet literature now especially S-22 specific.

falcon cobra
February 11th, 2014, 07:15 AM
gina, what year grills do you have and are they any good? I hope they are not BBQ grills...thanks...jh:confused:

Gina K
February 12th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Hi jh,
I don't really know how to rate what kind shape they are in....they are "bran-used" not brand new. I have 60,61,62,63,64,&65.

falcon cobra
February 12th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Maybe you could take a picture of the 62 and 63 for me ? and I would think if they are not good you wouldn't take them to the swap meet. I dont care about the finish as long as they are somewhat straight,:rocker: thats the hard part is to try to make them straight, the alum. is quite thin as you know.. what would you be asking for them? thanks...jh

Gina K
February 12th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Opsss I got two 62s and no 63.sorry😪

Jeff W
February 12th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I already scheduled with the family so I am available to help at the booth all day Saturday.

Do we know who will be displaying their car? I think that is a great draw.

Kenny and I scored a 10 x 10 tent so we won't have to borrow Gene's this time. We may need Gary to modify the banner bracket to fit on the new tent.

redfalken
February 12th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Kenny and I scored a 10 x 10 tent so we won't have to borrow Gene's this time.

And THAT'S why you should dumpster dive! :rocker:

Most people have no patience to fix things (or have things fixed) these days so they just toss them. I'll post a pic as soon as we get a chance to set it up. We'll get some measurements too for the banner.

BadBird
February 12th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Doubt I will be back from Tucson by that date.

Gina, I would be interested in your 1964 Falcon Grill if it is indeed for a Falcon. As John mentioned it would be nice if it is pretty straight but that isn't always what we get. Let me know if you would like to sell it and any info about it. Thanks Larry

Gina K
February 13th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I will try to post pictures of them this week end. I had problems posting the pictures of the Comet engine transplant so it might not work for me.

Luva65wagon
February 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I've always edited my pictures to 1024x768 max and around 220K in size (because that's what the uploader says is the max file size), but I see some far larger images being posted.

And I've yet to figure out how Dennis is putting his images in his Florida threads, but I suspect I know how.

But you should be able to go to Manage Attachments, below, and then upload the images one at a time from your hard drive or remote USB drive.

Maybe Patrick can clue us in as to whether the limit size is suggested to strict.

redfalken
March 18th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I finally took a few photos of the canopy Jeff and I dug out of the dumpster. I've already fixed the broken strut and it should be pretty sturdy. And the price was right!

It's 10 x 10 and I will store it for whenever the club needs it. Should be great for the swap meet. I think it's a little bigger than the one we used before that Gene loaned us. We may have to modify the frame that holds the club banner.

Jeff W
March 20th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Gary, will you be around on Saturday morning to modify your banner brackets to fit the new tent? I will bring some couplers and another length of pipe. You bring your slide rule and stress charts.

MacDee
March 21st, 2014, 02:50 PM
I hope to be there! I can't remember how we rigged the sign last year, but I'm sure we can figure it out again.

Stress Charts? :WHATTHE: Do you have the Modulus of Elasticity for the couplers and pipe?

I'll bring a slide rule and maybe we can SELL IT!

helomech
April 22nd, 2014, 04:06 PM
So since I'm new here, what's the Monroe swap meet? Is it a classic car thing? Ford thing? Falcon thing? or just a thing thing?

I have a couple of grilles which are 64-65 ish. Probably better just for filling in the space for someone who has no grille until they find a nice one or spend the time on these. 64 tail lights (haven't looked closely at them yet). What appears to be a 65-66 Mustang rear seat in a lovely red... bleh!

Is this a long ways from Puyallup? I guess I COULD google it....

redfalken
April 22nd, 2014, 07:37 PM
The Monroe Swap Meet is north of Seattle in the Skagit County Fairgrounds. They have one in the spring and one in the fall. Mostly vintage automotive parts, some vendors with reproduction parts, rechromed bumpers, hubcaps, etc. Some motorcycle stuff, and some garage sale stuff.

The Rainier Falcons have had a booth there for...5 years?? We do sell parts to make money for the club but we also use it for recruitment and a place to hang out!

SmithKid
April 22nd, 2014, 08:58 PM
Snohomish County Fairgrounds, not Skagit.

BPVan
April 23rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
I am in for Saturday morning if you need help with anything

SmithKid
May 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Someone left a blue zip-up hoodie (Dickies brand) in our spot at the swap meet yesterday I'll try to bring it to BCC show.

Great swap meet and great exposure for the club in spite of the rain (for those of you that couldn't make it)! :rain:

Jeff W
May 18th, 2014, 06:10 PM
The hoodie is Brian's.

Here are the only two pictures I took with my low res phone. Kenny has better ones.

It was a nice day. We handed out quite a stack of cards and regional meet promo pages.

redfalken
May 18th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Here's a few that I took. It was a really nice day. Didn't find anything to buy but we met a lot of people with Falcons or who knew somebody with one. Hopefully a few will make it to the Mini-Regional!

And Gene's Ranchero was a great addition. It attracted a lot of people to the booth.

Luva65wagon
May 18th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I was simply happy to condense 6 tubs of parts down to 2.5 tubs and of those 2 tubs worth are heading to scrap. I saved anything that was worthy of ebay at the very least.

redfalken
May 18th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Holy buckets of rust Batman! That's a lot of parts!!

BPVan
May 19th, 2014, 09:43 AM
It turned out to be a good day after all, I am glad I finally made it to one of these.