PDA

View Full Version : Rear sway bar

doghows
January 29th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Anyone running a rear sway bar? If so where did you get it, what size is it, and how big is your front sway bar?
Thank you.

pbrown
January 29th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I have the Addco model 914 rear sway bar. It's 3/4". I have a 1" up front.

pbrown
January 29th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Summit Racing has it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aco-914

doghows
January 29th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Awesome thanks Patrick. Did it install easily? I guess I need to upgrade the front at the same time so I don't get a push through the corners.

falcon cobra
January 29th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Hey steve whats with the need for the rear bar? are you going to go on a sports car track with your delievery? just wondering.. I still have the 6 cyl 3/4 " bar on the front of my falcon and it does the job, how fast must one go around a corner before the ditch fills the radiator:WHATTHE:....jh

Luva65wagon
January 29th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I don't think Falcons came with anything different 6'r or V8. 5/8" I think.

I do know that a wagon has a lot more swing and roll than a car does and I put a 1" PST bar in my wagon right away. Before, going around even a freeway round-about wanted to flip me off into the ditch. After the 1" bar... flat as a pancake (almost) going around those curves.

So I'd always recommend a bigger front, and if that isn't enough then add the rear.

SmithKid
January 30th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I haven't gotten around to putting a rear sway bar on yet, but I could definitely tell feel the improvement when I put a 1" bar on the front. Planning a future rear bar as I want it to handle as good as possible, as I don't think it's a very good handling car from the factory (at least not compared to current cars).

redfalken
January 30th, 2014, 07:21 PM
I've read putting a rear sway bar on a car with leaf springs can cause snap oversteer if your not careful. But some people have them and they don't experience. I think it has a lot to do with what size sway bar you have up front and how stiff the front coil springs are.

I've got a new 1-1/8" front sway bar to put in one of these days. I think this will be a huge improvement for my tudor sedan. A wagon or sedan deliver may be a different story.