PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Car Events

BPVan
November 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Wednesday night we talked about the Jingle Bell cruise, it is coming up on Sunday December 1st. We're hoping to make an entire row of Falcons, maybe replace that picture ^ (look up). Someone mentioned this in a thread here, but I can't find it. Hey Prez, are we meeting somewhere beforehand?

http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/

There is another event on the 14th:

http://allevents.in/tacoma/hot-rod-holiday-bash/358028497673868

Luva65wagon
November 22nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
It's always fun to cruise in at the same time.

Don't hang in Issaquah often... Is there a good spot prior?

Jeff W
November 23rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
We usually meet at the Starbucks a few blocks away.

755 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah

They have a big parking lot and the coffee is likely better than at XXX;)

redfalken
November 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
I'll be there! I plan on getting to the Starbucks around 11:30 to grab a drink and pastry. Here's a map to the store we usually meet at:

http://www.starbucks.com/store/11983/us/issaquah-commons/725-nw-gilman-blvd-issaquah-wa-980275316

BadBird
November 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
I won't be able to make it. Car will still be waiting for parts coming back from Tucson. Have a great time. Larry

Jeff W
November 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
I won't be able to make it. Car will still be waiting for parts coming back from Tucson. Have a great time. Larry

You could probably nurse it there with just your e-brake...:rocker:

BadBird
November 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM
That I have done before, but the clutch cable also goes through the parts. I have gotten home before without a clutch when I was in high school. Guess I just have to do both??:WHATTHE:

Luva65wagon
November 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Uh... for you and Steve... can we say "trailer"?

:D

BPVan
November 25th, 2013, 02:51 PM
You can't around JH :banana:

Luva65wagon
November 25th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Lol.... :ROTFLMAO:

falcon cobra
November 28th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I was hoping to have my car running by sat. but now the weather man claims it will be windy & rainy on the xxx cruzzze:rain:.. oh well..jh

Luva65wagon
November 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM
It is looking pretty bleak. It'll be a bummer to miss it. Maybe the weather folks are wrong. We'll see.

BPVan
November 30th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Tomorrows forcast , who is in rain or shine?

redfalken
November 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm shine. I'll get up early and decide but 100% chance of rain doesn't sound promising...

Jeff W
November 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I will not go if it is rain. The warmish rain at the West Seattle show was my limit.

MacDee
November 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I bought a toy, so I am, sort of, committed. But, considering the weather, I will not be bringing the Falcon.

falcon cobra
November 30th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Falcons will not melt in the rain, I have drove in the rain lots of times in mine and it drys. it's just not fun when you get there and stand in the wind & rain...jh:rain:

SmithKid
November 30th, 2013, 07:16 PM
With the current forecast, I'm not planning on it. However...... if a Western Washington miracle should take place......

doghows
November 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately my car is apart anticipating the rack install but alas it did not show so I will be home hooking up the heater in the car.

Luva65wagon
November 30th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I've been trying to figure out why my temp gauges (both of them) didn't work after the swap. Found out the problem with one last night, but the other needs to be replaced and I didn't fill the radiator because I knew the weather was not gonna be good anyway. So, at this moment if the weather is good, I may risk it. I just have not had any chance to give it a good drive yet and don't want it to be on a terrible weather day when I do that.

And the wagon does melt in the rain, so I keep it dry now.

MacDee
December 1st, 2013, 06:38 AM
... it's just not fun when you get there and stand in the wind & rain...
I don't intend on standing in the rain. I'm going to go in and have a BURGER!

redfalken
December 1st, 2013, 09:26 AM
I'm gonna save my gas money this year and drop my toy off elsewhere. You can bring them to any Toys-R-Us. I like this show when it's dry and cold but I have a feeling that won't be the case by noon. :(

Jeff W
December 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM
With the poor forecast yesterday I made other plans for the day. Hope the non-rain (I can't say sun) holds for you guys.

doghows
December 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
I don't know what your side of the puddle looks like but the weather man screwed up again. I have sun and part cloud about 50 degrees. I hope it's the same over there and you guys had some fun.

P.S. I did get my heater hooked up and working now if I could just steer.

falcon cobra
December 1st, 2013, 04:07 PM
Would'nt you know it, it didn't rain here at all. but I piddled with my car most of the day and ripped the tires on my long driveway...I don't think any body went but one...jh:3g:

Luva65wagon
December 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
It was pretty yucky where I was, but not rainy too bad. But very threatening. Gary will have to report how it actually was in Issaquah. Today would have been so much better, but was forecast as being the worst of the days. Oh well.

MacDee
December 2nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
The day wasn't all that bad. It was breezy, but it didn't rain while we were there. We got there about 11:00, [quickly] looked at the few cars that were there, then went in for a burger. There were only about a half-dozen cars, but there were lots of people coming in their "regular" cars and dropping off toys. Looked like they were also doing pretty good business in the restaurant. Santa was on site, and Lance Lambert was there too, so it was pretty festive!