PDA

View Full Version : Falcon run assembly party

doghows
October 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Ok assembly is going well but need a bunch of wiring to do still. So if anyone is interested you guys could do a fall run head over here do so more assembly get fed and cruise home. The weather looks to be great so this might be one of the last chances to get your falcons out and stretch their wheels a bit.
Let me know if anyone is interested and thus time pizzas will be here.
Thanks Steve. :rocker:

SmithKid
October 14th, 2013, 06:15 PM
When are you suggesting? 19th? I was kinda planning on that day, but pro'ly not with the Falcon.

doghows
October 14th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Yup that works for me. I'm so close I can taste it and I'm dying to get her on the road. Anyone else up for it?

SmithKid
October 14th, 2013, 10:38 PM
OK Steve. I firmed up my plans with my social director and am coming over for sure. Perhaps Bryan might want to ride along to continue with the wiring? Any body else want to join the party. I have room for up to six in my truck.

doghows
October 15th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Cool thanks Gene. I have room for about 50 in and around the shop.
Weather looks to be great so no rain like last time. As usual any and all are welcome even if you just want to stop in and say hi. Hope to see some cars this time as well.

Luva65wagon
October 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I might be able to make it. My social director is going out of town, so for me it is: "Quick, do the Ranchero motor swap!" But if I feel good about it, I'll head over with Gene. Would be nice to see this finally done, so hopefully others can come too.

doghows
October 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
We'll if mine is ever ready you know I'll be first one over ( maybe second) to help you with whatever I can. Thank for everything so far. :rocker:

BPVan
October 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Room for 50???? Thats a lot of spectating :WHATTHE:

Luva65wagon
October 16th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Was that:

"How many people can we fit into a '63 Falcon Sedan Delivery?"

50?

doghows
October 17th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Ok so my final count looks like Gene and maybe Roger. Anyone else plan on coming over this Saturday? The plan it to focus on the wiring. Need to put that amazing dash in that Roger fixed up for me, get the steering column in and wired and hopefully put the interior back in. Most the outside stuff is done so maybe we can take her for a spin as well.

SmithKid
October 17th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Let's see..... 2 place car, so I'm guessing that'd be me & Roger taking her for a spin. :3g: Right? :D

doghows
October 17th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Ummmmmm yes ????

BPVan
October 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Roger/Gene, what is your leave/return plan & times?

SmithKid
October 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Prob'ly pretty much like the last time for duration. I believe Roger said the ferry left around 7:50(?) am. S'posed to be a nice day weather-wise. Hope you can make it.

redfalken
October 18th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Wish I could go but I've got plans for a Fremont pub crawl. I mean, sticking shiny things on a Falcon is pretty fun but...

I'll be there next Saturday. Unfortunately I'll be stuck helping my MIL move from Sequim to Pt. Townsend. :mad:

doghows
October 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Well got a lot more done on the car. Roger and Gene carpooled over and then Brian surprised us when he poped in.
I can't thank these guys enough the car is coming together very well and the effort from everyone so far has been awesome. Especially considering it takes an hour or so drive and a ferry ride to get here. Gas inst cheep and time is precious as well.
Also my wonderful wife Laurie made some awesom grub and patience and understanding has been unbelievable. I'll put some pics up in the construction thread on Monday in the mean time keep on Falconing.

Luva65wagon
October 19th, 2013, 10:15 PM
You could not have paid for ribs as good as those were. OMG - they were worth the trip!

Sorry there were as many issues to address as there were, but the rest should be a lot easier. I'll hopefully find the steering wheel nut you need and the right wiper motor/transmission bits.

Don't throw away the 28" yard stick.

Thanks for the cylinder head core too!