PDA

View Full Version : Pics of delivery rear.

doghows
December 1st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Roger here are the shots of the back of the delivery. The lights are smaller than the 62-63's. The 60-61's use a 6" light and the 62-63 are closer to 9"?? So I found some 61 assemblies. Now I just need to see if I can incorporate the back-up light into those...

Jeff W
December 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
That bodywork looks fine. Slap some paint on there and let's get it on the road.

Luva65wagon
December 2nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
The opening looks large enough for 62/63 buckets to fit. Only they attach to a sub layer step. Can you lay a 62/63 bucket over the hole and snap a picture?

doghows
December 2nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
If all goes well, it is going to the paint shop next week. Hopefully have it back late Jan early Feb. Then we will have a reassembly party over here.
NO SAWZALLS, or CUT OFF WHEELS. Just cotton gloves and no buckles!![yay][yay][yay][yay][yay] Can't wait.

doghows
December 2nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
I can. I did it last weekend and the bucket sticks out about 1" past the fender?? But I will get one this weekend so you can see. By the way if anyone needs a brand new set of 63 buckets, lenses and gaskets I have them. Got a deal on them and paid $125 for both sides..

doghows
December 5th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Ok here is the 61 fenders on my delivery with the 62 buckets. The 62's are the same size as my 63's.
The new 61's should be here this week!!

Luva65wagon
December 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Learn something new everyday. So it really does appear they changed the entire radius of the back end in 62, without changing much else.

Thanks for the edjumacation.

doghows
December 5th, 2011, 12:17 PM
It was an edumacation for me too. I was bummed cause I have those brand new 63 assemblies now.. Oh well lesson learned now I can move on to uuhhhmmm Oh Yeah Body Work.:doh::doh:

Luva65wagon
December 5th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Well... I'd still like to see a 61 and a 62 car now, side-by-side, to see exactly where they changed things. Clearly it wasn't so different that you could use the 61 body parts on the 62/63 (no sure the year of your S.D.)

I have a set of shallow buckets and lenses (used) for a 63 now too. I'll probably sell them on eBay along with a few other extras when this is all over and done with with. I'll post links here too, when I do. RealSoonNow.

Less body work - satin black. [thumb]

doghows
December 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
When I cut up the 61 wagon for parts, everything matched up perfect on my 63. So I was pretty shocked when the taillights were so different. The drip rails and every thing was dead on. I think 60-61 had smaller taillights and 62-63 used larger ones. 61's have the trim rings but I didn't see them on the 60's. I would like to see them side by side to make sure my self.
Now I just need to see if I can incorporate the back up light into the 61's???:D

Luva65wagon
December 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Maybe take a piece of cardboard and template over the '61 and trim it - then place it over the Ranchero you now have. See what is different.

doghows
December 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Soon as my 61 buckets and lenses show up I will take some pics of them side by side. Then I will install them in the delivery and see the difference. Hopefully the smaller dome in the center of the 61 lens is large enought to cut out for the 63 back up light?? (hope hope)..

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM
OK here are the 61 buckets with the 62's and the 63's right next to them. There is a difference in size, about 2". The 60-61's fit perfect. Now my only problem is that the ones I got from Desert Valley Auto Parts are complete junk. Not a usable piece in the whole batch. I called and screamed but no result. Did a card dispute and will be sending the junk back. Really disappointed with them and the service. Hopefully I can track down a good set..

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Then they must have changed the bump-out on the side of the car. We know the tailgate is the same length, the height of the body the same. My guess is that if you measured from the edge of the tailgate to the outside of the bump-out, the 62/63 extends out further. How you blended all that in... would be like blending front fenders on the back of one of these. Oh, wait... that is actually possible. :rolleyes:
:cool:

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Bummer about the taillights being junk. And they probably charged you a lot more than junk prices too. I'll think twice before I do any business with them.

So, those shiny taillights are shallow 63's? They look deep to me from the front. Can you show a profile view of them?

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 09:09 AM
When I replaced the rear quarters, I used the whole section from the 61. I used the drip rail and all the way down the tailgate side all the way to the bottom, around the bottom of the fender and up right about where the original lead solder was put to join the panels. I then followed the lower edge of the rear window all the way up to the window opening for the back glass. I think I have some pics of the part I grafted in I'll post it if I find it. I will see if I can compare the 62 to the 61 in the next day or so. Kind of sucks when you have to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark...

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I will get some more shots tonight. they are at home. For Sale too!!!

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I just went back to the other thread and see how you cut the 61 parts out and grafted the original delivery sides onto it. You just followed the radii of the 61 and lost some of the bump-out. Me guesses. Anyway, you are stuck now needing the 61 style buckets. Hope you find some. Oh... Steve who finds every Falcon out there... should be no problem.

There is an ebay reseller (Mom and Pop Falcon... or some such name). Maybe they have some? Falcon Club Newsletter?

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I will get some more shots tonight. they are at home. For Sale too!!!

I know... that's why I'm ask'n.

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I'd make you a smoking deal.... Mom and Pops has some bucket but they are pretty proud of them. They want $40 for a single and $85 for a pair. I found 1 bucket complete for $40 and a spare lens. DVAP has a bunch I just need them to make it right. We will see. If they do great if not never again and I am not shy about letting people know...

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I cropped the image you posted of the "shallow 63" bucket and this step I marked is not in a shallow bucket. So I think they are deep. If they are, I will get them from you!

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 09:26 AM
You paid less than $85 from Desert Valley? That's not a bad price if they are good. If they are dinged up, maybe $20 a pair is top-dollar if you just want something to just fill the hole. You want nice and shiny if you can get it and $85 for the pair, if they are nice and shiny... would be fair.

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I wish I only paid that. I paid $150 for the pair and they are junk. Not 1 piece is usable!!!
The one I got for $40 just got here and it is in almost perfect shape. 2 small nicks in the trim ring. Got it off craig's list.
I will measure the bucket tonight for you. And on a side note I need to fix some front end parts on the 62 V-8 car. Are the upper and lower control arms the same? Need to fix some bad soft parts and ball joints for the alignment. Thanks.[thumb]

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Are the upper and lower control arms the same? Need to fix some bad soft parts and ball joints for the alignment. Thanks.[thumb]

The same as... what? 6 versus V8? 62 Falcon versus 66 Mustang?

As best as I know all 6 cylinder cars of this era used their upper and lower components and most of all V8 versions used theirs. 6's and 8's were not the same parts. Since they didn't have V8 Falcons in 62, and since it sounds like this had the Mustang front-end installed, you should order parts as though it were a Mustang, with the exception of the center-link, which is wider on a Mustang than a Falcon. So you'd want a 65 Falcon center-link.

Don't quote me on that. :NERVOUS:

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I wish I only paid that. I paid $150 for the pair and they are junk. Not 1 piece is usable!!!
The one I got for $40 just got here and it is in almost perfect shape. 2 small nicks in the trim ring. Got it off craig's list.
I will measure the bucket tonight for you.[thumb]

That $85 is sounding better and better all the time.

They actually charged you $150 for junk parts. Like; "Hey, we are a junk-yard. That's what you ordered. That's what we shipped. Huh-he."

Maybe they expect you'll send 'em off to Californ-i-a to be strip-ped, straighten-did, polish-ed, and then reanodize-ed... for $200 a piece.... like everyone else does. :rolleyes:

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 03:48 PM
That is what erks me. I was very specific on the phone with the sales guy. I told him I don't care about the lens but the buckets need to be straight, did not care about the shine on them either, but the trim rings need to be straight. I can shine them myself but to replace missing metal and or dings and smashed pieces???:mad:

As for the steering parts: Yes v-8 vs. 6cyl. I have a ton of 6cyl stuff but the v-8 stuff is scares right now. The center link is good but the tie rod ends are bent. The control arms would have been OK but the control arm shaft (upper) lost its bushings and is wobbling every where. The lowers look fine but if I am going to fix it I may as well do it all... I guess I could use the stuff off the delivery for now and get more new for it?? HMMM Also they said my drivers coil spring was bad. Sits about 1.5" lower than the pass.:confused:

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Here is what I got...:doh::mad::doh::mad::mad:

doghows
December 13th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Here is the one I got today for $40.:)

pbrown
December 13th, 2011, 05:12 PM
You can get the 62/63 to fit if you keep adding Bondo. Only 1/2" to go.

:ROTFLMAO:

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Here is what I got...:doh::mad::doh::mad::mad:
Who in their right mind would waste the time to both pull and pack such crap? Unbelievable.

doghows
December 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
[/You can get the 62/63 to fit if you keep adding Bondo. Only 1/2" to go.QUOTE] Thanks Patrick, you know how I love body work...

Roger here is a pic of that 63 bucket. It looks to be 6" deep.

Luva65wagon
December 14th, 2011, 08:57 AM
That is a deep bucket for a 63 with back-up lights. You say you have two of these?

doghows
December 14th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Yes with new lenses and all the gaskets!!!

Luva65wagon
December 14th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Yes with new lenses and all the gaskets!!!

Then it had the backup lenses too? PM me with how much you want for them.

Luva65wagon
December 14th, 2011, 10:08 AM
You may also want to consider putting them onto your Ranchero. If you want to run the wires back there for the back-up lights.

doghows
December 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Plain lenses no back up hole. I will PM you...

Luva65wagon
December 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
The hole is easy to make, but making a deep bucket isn't. Lenses are available; quite affordable too.

I'll await the PM.

doghows
December 14th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Good news for you that are following this. DVAP has agreed to make it good on those parts I got. They are looking for acceptable replacements now and will ship them to me. All I have to do is eat the return ship on the one's I have now. I am good with that so lets hope the replacements are good.[thumb]

Luva65wagon
December 14th, 2011, 03:18 PM
They honestly want that pile of crap back!!!! :WHATTHE:

Unbelievable. They'll just try and off it on the next unsuspecting customer, and the next, and then next, until someone finally says, "Ah, that's art. I love it."