PDA

View Full Version : power steering

falcon cobra
November 12th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I came across this a while back. www.borgeson.com (http://www.borgeson.com) go to mid size ford and find falcon, the number is the same as the mustang, is the distance from the box to the firewall the same on a falcon as a mustang? or does anyone know. I think a tilt column would be just fine...jh

falcon cobra
November 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Patrick do you if this is a GM type pump? if not maybe someone may know, summit gets 280. for it with a ford bracket, just wondered if that is a good deal...thanks jh:rocker:

pbrown
November 15th, 2011, 06:05 PM
That looks like the good old Saginaw pump that GM used.

Here is the pump I used. It's the same price. The KRS pump has a changeable restrictor at the output that allows you to tune the pump to the car.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Garage-Sale-KRC-Ford-Power-Steering-Pump-for-351,54712.html

Why not just hit the pull-a-part and grab a Ford pump from some random V8 ford? They are pretty much all the same and it will probably only cost you $20-$30.

falcon cobra
November 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Well , the box is in, after some beating and banging I might add, like patrick says, just because it says bolt in, don't always mean bolt in...jh[AGREE]

falcon cobra
November 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
The box is in and the hedder is on, only need a pump and hoses, steering colum, wheel , it never ends does it and oh did I say pipe work....jh

redfalken
November 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Looking good!

Stick with it. I still have a couple of things to do before my headers are buttoned up...and I put them in 2-1/2 months ago!!

falcon cobra
December 27th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Well I got the pump on, lines on, fluid in and fired it up, gee no leaks! thats hard to believe, added more fluid and it seems to work, it turns the wheels anyway, thats a plus. now to finish the other header pipe. it sounds like a dragster, the neighbors are not going for that I'am sure....have a good new year....jh:shift:

Luva65wagon
December 28th, 2011, 04:07 PM
John, With that GM ignition module and now a GM power steering pump... it's only a matter of time before a 350 lands into that engine bay.
:ROTFLMAO:
:D

Luva65wagon
December 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
All kidding aside, looks like a very clean installation. Certainly takes up less space than the Ford units I've seen. Good job.

So, you don't have any exhaust on the passenger side?

falcon cobra
December 29th, 2011, 05:13 AM
No exhaust on the drivers side, got a U bend comming from summit today, so I can fab it from the header to where I chopped it off. just love rolling on the floor....jh:banana:

falcon cobra
December 31st, 2011, 02:25 PM
The steering is just great and what a dream to get out of the driveway now, almost like a new car, all for about $1300. :confused: not bad for a car that cost me $35.00 in 79...jh

BadBird
December 31st, 2011, 05:24 PM
That isn't fair John. LOL, I didn't pay that much for my 64 either back when. It's all the stuff since then that makes me broke. Larry