PDA

View Full Version : WTB: `62 Antenna

redfalken
October 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Before I shell out $55 for a new antenna, I'm wondering if anyone has one in good shape that they're wanting to part with? Mine broke off last winter and got even more trashed when I took it off to do some painting recently.

Thanks!

Luva65wagon
October 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Kenny,

Can you take a picture of what your old one looks like. I've got a couple laying around here (I think), but it may help us to look and see if it looks like the one you want/need.

redfalken
October 2nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
My old one is on it's way to the landfill right now. And I can't upload a photo for some reason. Here's a link to the one from Falcon Enterprises.

http://falconparts.com/1960%2D1963+RADIO+ANTENNA.html

The base is round and angled. The photo looks very similar to one for a `64-65 and I'm not sure of the differences. If you find them, let me know and I'll come try them out sometime. No hurry. I still need to polish the clear coat this weekend if the weather is dry!

Thanks!!

Luva65wagon
October 9th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Kenny,

Spaced out getting back to you -- crazy week.

My left-over parts bin didn't turn up a decent antenna for you. I'll be heading to the swap tomorrow so if I see one in a dollar box I'll grab you one.

redfalken
October 9th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks Roger. Even the $5 box would be fine if it's in good shape. :)

I'm not going to be able to make the fall meet this year. Looks like it might be chilly but sunny. Hope you find some treasures!

Luva65wagon
October 11th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Well... even looking in the $5 bins didn't turn up an antenna for you Kenny. Sorry. I'd have even tried to call you if I saw anything -- but nada.

redfalken
October 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks for trying! I'll keep an eye out for a deal. It's kind of neat to listen to KIXI through the dash speaker but now that I run my iPod through my modern unit I can hold off for awhile.

How was the swap meet? Any Falcon-only vendors? They seem to come and go.

Luva65wagon
October 12th, 2009, 10:07 PM
The swap was really packed on Saturday and I had to leave early to go pickup friends at the airport, so I went back on Sunday and nobody was there and half the vendors had split. Didn't see any Falcon vendors. There was one Falcon for sale -- '62 4-DOOR for $1200. The one thing that was most surprising was to see find my old '56 panel out there for sale for $18,500 -- I sold it for $8K 3 years ago. It didn't sell I guess.