thanks for all the insight guys.

First I should say that restoring the car took three years and it was a full rotisserie restoration that involved a donor car and a lot of fabrication. I drive the car just about every other weekend around town and since having it completed have put about 400 miles on it. She is a 170, fordomatic, 3 core radiator, electric fan, petronix conversion points, front disc brakes including power booster, new gas tank and lines, new brake lines, new interior, front power windows, full headers, dual exhaust and the engine and transmission are both original to the car even though they were gone through at least once before I got the car.

I have built up enough confidence in driving the car locally that I don't think about breaking down any more, but, I have not been on the freeway yet, hence why I thought getting a C4 would benefit my future highway driving to car shows. Thanks to the new info I have just learned, I am convinced I will refrain from altering my 64 beauty queen. Once again, thank you guys for your feedback, knowledge and advise.