Thread: Wanted: Cage nut

BB - I know I have some, but things are so chaotic with my stuff, post move, I'm not sure where and when I can put my hands on one. They are hefty compared to typical 3/16-18 replacements. I plan to rearrange my two temporary sheds when I have a couple dry days - so if you're not desperate (it's taken me over a week to push this thread to the forum), I'll see if I can dig one up for you.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wanted: Cage nut

One of the cage nuts for my pedal bracket-to-firewall mounting has broken "wings" and won't stay in place. I believe they are 3/8-16 thread, with shallower wings than what I find online.

Does anyone have one to sell or donate? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Thanks for getting back to me Roger, but I was able to re-use the old one with the help of my wife and her slim hands. She was able to hold it in place while I got the bolt started.

This was part of my project to install roller bearings in place of the plastic & aluminum bushings in the pedal bracket. The clutch pedal was not wanting to return completely, and I found a couple of items that were causing it. The aluminum bushings were egg-shaped & loose in the bracket, and the nylon bushing for the big over-center spring was missing, leaving metal-to-metal contact and gouging into the pedal stop arm.

I repaired the gouged area with a spot of weld, did some filing, added a new nylon bushing, installed the roller bearing kit, and now everything works smooth as silk. Not a fun job though, and not one I'd want to do again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Yep - been there done that (a couple times on different cars). These were for ease if factory install, but as you see, they will still work if you can hold hem there while someone is outside putting in the bolt. Glad you got it all together with the help of your apprentice.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"