Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends know each others names

Hey Soft Taco...welcome to the club! Great to see someone else with their grandfathers car. If you get a chance check out my thread under "show off your ride" called "saving granddad's falcon"
    Have fun and looking forward to those pictures when you finally get them off of your phone.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

My name is Sofiara.
    I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล

Quote Originally Posted by wincampie99 View Post
    My name is Sofiara.
    I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล
    that's awesome!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Anyone ever thought of a "Friends know what friends look like" thread. We're on a first name basis but, other than my brother, I'm not sure I know what any of you look like. How about a photo of you and your Falcon if you have one.

My first drive in the car in 28 yrs - unfortunately not the clearest photo

Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Probably not a bad idea. I looked around on the forum and found a couple pictures already, but this one shows (from left to right), Bill Williams, Me (fighting headers), Gene, and Denny Ballard (RIP Denny). We were dropping the engine into Gene's (Smithkid's) Ranchero. The proverbial 1 guy working and 3 guys watching photo if there ever was one.

someofus.jpg
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Mid-life crisis Rancho owner here

OK so here's my story:

I found a '65 Ranchero Deluxe biding its time out in Elma back around Halloween 2016 and she sat parked in front of my house for many months. It was stripped of all the trim and had Falcon tailights, but had been modded from the original C4 to a Dagenham 4 on the floor, which at the time seemed sexy. Plus I liked the idea of the 200cid gas mileage for tooling around town.

Then a few months ago I found ANOTHER '65 that is a complete pile of rust, but it has all the trim, including the afterburner tailights. Oh, and it's a 289/C4.

So I finally found a warm dry spot to park one of them and started tinkering on it. There are a bunch of falcon-ish sites on the interwebs and over the months I've been spreading thinner but being as how this is local I'll try to maybe do a project thread since I haven't done very much yet.

And my name is Rafael

We like saving Ranchero's around here. Mine was a "made 1 good one out of 2 bad one's" so... good luck to you Rafael...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Mine was also one of the "saved" category. It was found on Camano Island under some evergreens loaded with needles and the accompanying corrosion, with a "running on six" 289 that made it home under it's own power(?) and has since become a pretty nicely presentable runner (12+ years). I wish you the best on your project(s). It's worth it.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

New Guy

Howdy,

After wanting a Falcon for years, it all came together for me a few weeks ago. We purchased a house with a shop down in Roy, so what better way to occupy the shop than a new project.

I was taking a very hard look at a car in PA and was considering flying out there to take a look. Then a local car popped up on craigslist, checked it out and drove it 2 hours to it's new home.

The folks that I purchased it from didn't seem to know much about the car however they have the contact info from who they bought it from. So I am anxious to have a chat with them.

The car is was painted recently. They changed the Guardsman Blue to red and put black interior in. The 260 is now a 302 that seems stock except for the longtubes. Someone along the way installed a Hurst Dual Gate along with the console.

There are some things done to the car that make me scratch my head and ask my self "why". For example, the Accel coil had gone out, so they installed another coil but left the Accel mounted to the fender well. That said, that is the fun part, putting your personal touches on the car and fixing it your way.

I've read your introduction thread too, but thought I'd reply here first. Looks like a great car to start with. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Also, since this thread was started as an instruction guide to help folks create signatures for their posts... is your name Corbin or is that just a handle?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"