Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange rattle/vibration sound

Hey Scott - you gotta post a pic or two for those of us who don't read so well.

The "heavy torque converter" is an odd statement, for sure. Do they know whether it is heavier than the original in weight and if so whether the weight is in the center of the mass or on the edges? Inertial forces vary based on that, not just because it is a few pounds heavier in general. I've not looked into what the chances are of such a thing as this being a possibility, but considering you are going from a 289 to a 331... and both HP and torque are going to be higher, you will probably not consider it slower to accelerate. Sounds like it has a 2400 RPM stall speed, or thereabouts.

My 347 is shipping on Monday, so I will soon be back on the road, but I will not have the ability for it to sit. Hope it is a 2-3 day swap.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger- when I was picking up some of the old parts yesterday I asked about the "heavy torque converter" comment. He said what he was referring to was it was stiff. I said I needed a little more explanation. Basically, the stall is too low. It's a Hughes Performance torque converter with a 2000 stall. We both thought that would be good but he said you don't really know until it's in the car and you're driving it. He suggested a little higher stall and then the car will get up from a stop a lot better. It's not that it's bad, it's definitely just a little sluggish. Hit 40-45 mph and jump on the gas and it definitely goes. Going from 50 - 60 mph takes very little time.

Compression is 10.5 to 1 or there about.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Here's a photo:

Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Scott-

The VC adapters are interesting. You can have my gold VC's if you want them. I'm replacing them simply because of time.

And I agree with you, the blue is something I might have pushed to have changed. It would have taken me an hour - and since it was on the spec sheet - it should have been an hour on their dime. I'm just no longer a fan of the all blue unless it is a points car.

Otherwise it looks clean and I bet a lot more enjoyable to drive.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"