Thread: Headlight relay

Headlight relay

In all the articles I have read it seems you have to butcher some of the factory wiring. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the factory s connector to add the circuit in as kind of a plug in accessory or if you HAVE to wire in before the hi low and headlight switch recombine. I was thinking of taking a 2wire trailer extension that fits the harness and cut in half to wire up to the relay so that all I would need to do is plug each end into the factory system and still be able to return to stock for any unforseen reason. i.e. relay failure and such. Thought i would throw it out there before I find out the hard way what fried bird looks like.

Here's a write-up on how I did mine:

http://www.redfalken.com/pages/relays.html

I'm sure there's a way to do it without cutting the harness but mine still looks like it might have been stock if Ford did headlight relays back then.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I like the way you put yours together actually. I have the space on the support for it without moving the horn relay. Previous owner did the gm alternator conversion. If I can't find a no splice alternative I might go that way.