Thread: Saving Granddad's Falcon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, finished work at about 7:30, and got to the falcon at around 8 to get onto the glass...had so much fun I couldn't stop until I was done. I must say, at this moment in time, I just might have the nicest exterior surfaces of original windows on any 1961 fordor falcon. (Of course, now that the outside is so nice, I can see the inside needs a little work...but that will have to wait.)
    Pics with a cell phone in the garage at night aren't that great, but...here they are anyway:

i like this one...it looks like those side windows are open doesn't it? They're closed.
    IMG_5370.jpg
    Here you can see some reflection
    IMG_5372.jpg
    And, it was hard to get a descent pic of the other side, but here it is.
    IMG_5376.jpg
    These night time garage pics don't do it justice. I'll take some more after I finish touching up the inside of the trunk with the jack.
    At this rate, knock on wood, I might actually get her in a show this summer.

By the way, who is the treasurer? On my thread it say's I'm a Senior forum member but it doesn't say I'm a paying member. Do I owe some local club dues?

Gene, it's definitely a back and a leg workout. For a desk job guy like me anyway. Let's find a time you can bring yours over in a month or so and I'll do it for you. Meanwhile, maybe you can help me figure out some problems I'm having with the back doors...still can't get the one handle to go on, and on the other side, the window won't go down because the locks rods are somehow out of place.
    Last edited by dhbfaster; December 16th, 2019 at 10:57 PM.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree