Thread: Hello, from Federal Way, WA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello, from Federal Way, WA

Hello:

The name is Duane. And in order to not bore everybody, I?ll give you the Reader?s Digest version of my Falcon ownership.

It started around 1962 with a 1960 Falcon Deluxe four-door (Monte Carlo Red/Corinthian White). With my dad, we installed a 1965 Mustang 289/C4 and Galaxie rear end in late 1965. Had that car until 2001.

Always wanted a Futura. So in 1967 I purchased a 1961 Futura for $500. My dad and I installed the drivetrain from a 1965 Ford Fairlane (289, C4, 8-inch rear end) and I painted the car. This took a number of years. Real Life took precedence but I kept this car.

I am a longtime FCA member (1398).

Retired a while back and, due to health, finally decided to have the Futura restomodded starting in March 2020, just at the beginning of all this High Strangeness, and was finished just this summer.

The final product is the result of different years of Falcon, Comet, Mustang, Galaxie, Torino. The exterior is painted the original Raven Black, and the interior is Ford Hot Red. The drivetrain is a 347 ci/425 hp engine, a racing C4 transmission, a custom Torino 9-inch rear with positraction, and the 3.0 gearing is for cruising.
    Attached Images Attached Images