Sold my 65 Ranchero paid some bills and bought a junkyard 63 Econoline pickup it has a stock 140 or 170 cuin engine (I haven't look it up yet) it drove 3 years ago (maybe) problem is no spark I have a new stock coil, points cap, rotor and condenser and new battery. No generator, soon to be replaced with a alternator. Right now I put 12.76 v0lts to plus side of coil there is a small voltage drop on the minus side and the points are getting 12 plus volts but no spark at the plugs, points are gapped and are working. The only thing I can think of is the new condenser isn't working can you think of anything else it could be.

Also I have some questions about the Carb, there is a connection I don't remember on my Ranchero (200) six I think it is a breather, on the top drivers side of engine a hose goes to passengers side of the carburetor (not the water connection under the carb) the engine side is missing the flange on the hose to bolt it to the engine. can I just plug the carb end of the hose.
Also there is no hose hooking up the water connection, I always heard the colder the fuel was the denser it is and more horsepower (cold boxes on old drag cars) so I was going to leave it off.
Carb appears to be on last legs so if anyone has a good one getting ready to go to scrapper and is in driving distance of Tacoma/Eatonville . . . .

But right now I have to get the spark problem figured out.