Thread: Tech Day -- Part Two -- September 19th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Black goo removal

Hi everyone ..... I'm keeping my eye/s on the weather for this coming Saturday ... if possible, I'd like to stop by for a little while to meet with you and check it out. I would want to ride my 63 Futura Conv. which has no top... so the rain is my master...

I heard mention in this thread about the ' black goo ' .. if I'm following correctly, I think you guys are referring to the factory sound/rust proofing material... it is rough to get off the sheet metal ... unless ... you warm it up by running a flame from a propane torch across the top surface. Once you do this, it will come off as effortlessly as peanut butter... it's like night and day compared to scraping it off as is... I ought to know ... I've been a prospector for floorboards in my old Fords for years... I'm still trying to strike it rich someday.

Have a great week folks ................ Brian

Larry, Just bring your hand-tools. You can bring the welder if you want, but we're not likely to use it.

Joanna -- FRACTURED HAND! Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Mom's are always welcomed.

Time- Yeah, 9AM is a good start time. Right Gene?

Brian, Hope you can make it.

To all those that can make it -- looking forward to it. To all that have other plans, hope to see you the next time 'round.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"