I suspected that the picture was a professional "chrome job", and it does indeed look great. Also, after reading Roger's reply, I went poking around on the internet using "almost chrome" as my search string and I believe that product may no be longer available. However, I found another link that is VERY intriguing to me. It involves using a product that, as far as I can tell from the website clips, is very, very close to the real thing and for our purposes, to redo our dash pieces, of which I have four, appears to produce a shine that is amazing. Take a look at this link:
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/kil...lerchrome.htm# and let me know what you all think. I don't believe that I will ever be feeling so flush that I will pay $350 or more per piece to have my Deluxe dash redone, but I will probably give this method a try. It looks to me as thought the professionalism will be limited by the quality of the masking and re-painting the black accents in the pieces (I have almost no, none, zip, zilch experience doing that kind of masking and it will definitely be a learning experience). Anyway, please let me know what you think of the clips at this site.
Thanks, Gene