Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2008 FCA Pacific Regional - 8/16 - Salem, OR

I think it's all coming together but I've never done a car show so we shall see! This will be a small one so I'll just be there having fun and doing my best.

The awards are all finished. Pat is having a banner made for the club and putting together a list of things to bring and who's bringing them for the BBQ. I've got money from John G. in the club account and will bring the debit card and PIN to the show.

Enjoy the morning as we will get busy in the afternoon feeding the crew. I encourage anyone who can break loose at the last minute to drive down and help support your club. If you can't, please pay up and help support it (and this forum) with a paid membership. We can use the money and I'd like to get paid off myself for the seed money I've put in and I'd like to pay Pat back someday for the banner.

So join the club and participate if you can and this club will flourish. So far I have me, Pat, Roger, and our eastside member Nathan and his lovely wife showing up to represent. Am I missing anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Yeah You Could Have A Trophy For Shortest Drive
    Im All Of Maybe 5 Miles Away From Brooks:rotflmao:

Looking very good Kenny,
    I'm bringing my membership dues with me..
    I'd love to talk to everyone about starting an eastern Washington and Idaho panhandle chapter too..
    I know there are a couple of Sonoma falcons for Fun guys that would like me to get that ball rolloing again..

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Nathan

The new banner should be done tomorrow.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Plaques and banner look nice!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi everyone,

I just received an update on the Regional and thought I would pass it along. It looks like we will meet our goal of 40 cars so we should be on budget for the event. Just over 3 weeks till the show! See you all there.

Hi, all

As of today we are at 35 registered cars so it looks like we will meet out goal of 40 cars by August 6th. I guess we should hope for 50 cars!

Attached is a map of the Northwest Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum property. On this map I have attempted to layout the show field, swap area and other items associated with the property.

We will be taking pictures of each car and hand registration and goody bags at the gas station.

I have also attempted a layout of the Show Field around the Gazebo. My thinking is to have 2 rows of 10 cars on each side and a third row on each side if we get more then 40 cars. I have spaced the cars so that each car has 2 normal parking spaces.

Note that the parking spot in the middle of the field in front of the Gazebo will be the FCA and Club Reception area. Father O'Brien and Brother Mark, members of the SCFF and Club Historians, will be setting up a table and display past FCA Newsletter and SCFF Newsletter. I invite each of the clubs to bring their club latest newsletter and application for non members to make them aware of your club. To date we have about 9 participants that do not belong to a local club. So, This is your chance to recruit new members.

SWAP MEET LOCATION: I have indicated two spots for the swap meet. One is on the concrete pad across from the gas station and the other next to the show field away from the entrance to the show field. Please let me know which spot you feel would be the best location for the Swap Meet?

That about it for now,

Regards, John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Looks like I'm going to have to miss the Regionals. Just too much going on and I'm just spread wayyy too thin, not too mention not enough cash coming in compared to what needs to go out. This is the sucky part about being a singular parent. I am fortunate in that 2 of my 3 older kids are here and help out willingly with my 2 younger ones.
    Actually this is a pretty big bummer as my kids love older cars and were looking forward to the show.
    I hope next years Regionals are at least as close as this years. Jon
    Last edited by 68FalconSC; August 5th, 2008 at 02:07 AM.
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

I just got some bad news. Pat Brown won't be able to make it down to the Regional this year.

His car is ready to go but he had to fly to Ohio this morning for a family emergency. It's a real bummer because Pat was working REALLY hard to get his restomod all finished and show it off! But family comes first and these things happen...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I'm sure someone else who's car wasn't done would have loved to drive his car down to the show for him . But in all seriousness, I hope everything turns out OK.

Kenny, I hope you don't run into any problems or I'll be flipping out rather than flipping burgers.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"