Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Falcons on film/tv

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsprint View Post
    I was watching Wednesdays episode of Jeraco and saw the front end shot of a 63 falcon. It was a close up so I didnt see what body type it was. Al
    I watch this too and saw that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Pinks - Speed Channel

Last night (4-4-07) on the Speed Channel show, "Pinks" - A Falcon, unfortunatly lost to a Datsun 280Z. The Falcon lost all three races. In that show, if you lose the race, you loose your ride. It least the Datsun owner now has a car he can be proud of... his new Falcon.

I DVR'd "Do that thing you do" last week and finally got to watch it last night. It's a film my Tom Hanks about a small town Beattles-esque 60's rock band. Just in the opening credits I saw a white '64 Comet Cyclone and a dark blue '64 Futura/Sprint hardtop crusing down the road. There's also the front end of a gold '64 Comet visible through the window in one of the appliance store scenes, and a '65 Mustang TV commercial running on the tv at the main character's parents' home later in the movie. It's a fun movie anyhow, so I reccomend checking it out!
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Okay, check this one out; fast forward past the intro and you'll see Rock Hudson in a '63 futura convert. Watch all the way through and there's a '61 futura too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3fYDQYltc
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

I don't know which episode but I will try and find it, but the OLD tv series from the 1970's, HAWAII FIVE-0 there is an episode with a car chase featuring a 1966 or a 1967 Falcon two door, it's a desert sand color, I watched that over and over as that model is among my favorite styles for the Falcon.

You will also see plenty of Falcons in The Andy Griffith Show with Sheriff Taylor and Barney Fife. A few to several Falcons per show and sometimes they highlight a really nice one like the 1965 Falcon convertible I saw with a 289 motor.

BETTER OFF DEAD from the 1980's with John Cusack had a four door Falcon that was always racing everybody. The car appears a few to several times throughout this 80's comedy film, it's also a good film to enjoy.

I was just enjoying a few moments of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN and there is a 1963 Falcon convertible, Season 1, disk 1, side 2, there don't seem to be titles but it is the second or third episode, regardless, it's the episode where Uncle Martin needs to find a rare element called "Glink" and he and Tim go on a picnic with a pretty neighbor and her brother. The Falcon gets a fair amount of air time, as a matter of fact I've seen Falcons in many episodes of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN.
    Last edited by Wilbur; July 6th, 2014 at 05:41 AM.

The Appeared

See the trailer: http://www.amazon.com/Appeared-Engli...s=the+appeared

Bacckground: July 1963: Last 1963 ½ Falcons produced. The dies were then shipped to Argentina.
    The opening scene shows a round body Falcon station wagon.

The brother and sister find an old diary stuck up inside the rear quarter panel of the Falcon station wagon. The diary describes a murder and hey, the two people that were killed had the same names as we do! And, hey! They were staying in the same hotel room number that we have! What could go wrong?

Wikipedia says: Siblings Malena (Ruth DÃ*az) and Pablo (Javier Pereira) have decided to set out on a road trip to allow Pablo to discover more about their father, who is on life support. Their destination is the old family home in Argentina and initially the trip is fairly mundane. This all changes when Pablo discovers an old journal hidden within their car. The journal details a series of gruesome crimes and Pablo pushes for the two of them to travel to the various landmarks and places described in the journal while they are on their road trip. They end up stopping for the night at a hotel detailed in the journal, where the Lenonadi family was brutally slaughtered. Pablo and Malena take the room adjacent to the room the Lenonadis met their deaths and are horrified to overhear a spiritual reenactment of the murders. The siblings decide to flee but Pablo forgets the book and must return to retrieve it. This nearly ends with Pablo's death and when he has reached safety Pablo notices that some of the details in the book have changed, making him wonder if it is possible for him to change the past. However as they travel Pablo finds that his quest to discover more about his father is bringing both siblings revelations that they are ill prepared to deal with.

The movie is Spanish with English subtitles, but did I mention the round body Falcon wagon?
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 16th, 2014 at 05:08 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

89 year Comet owner

My cousin sent me this link the other day. It is awesome!
    Talk about a car lover! Hope this is the right thread for it.

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Two great video's.

Would love a Falcon that fast... and that tight. Loved watching the shots where you could see the cars in the rear view mirror getting dropped.

I've seen that lady on TV as well as uTube before. Great story. "Oh, here's my lifetime warranty on my shock absorbers.. and I'm on my third free set." That's great stuff. No doubt it costs an arm and leg to keep that stock AC unit charged... but somehow... I bet it works. I didn't know they made a 4-door Caliente though (sp?). I had a buddy in High School with a hardtop and I've seen two other hardtops, but this is the first 4-door. I just searched and they are far more rare than 2 door versions.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"