Thread: Old AMT Plastic model 68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No comments at all ? Hmmm.

I can't comment... I am too busy grappling with the dilemma of you keeping it as a pristine un-built kit vs. a wonderfully built model you can enjoy. It's only original once, but hard to enjoy if it's in the box under your bed.
    It's the opposite of a dilemma actually, a choice between two positives.
    Good luck with that and keep us informed of your decision.
    I have an un-build B-17 Flying Fortress model that my father and I bought when I was about seven (1973). We were always going to build it together. He's now 82 years old and lives 2,000 miles away. I would love to see it completed and hanging above the motorcycles in the shop... but somehow I would feel cheated if I put it together myself.
    Jeff

Very cool! I have one tin friction toy of my `62 but no plastic models. After 40 years in the condition it's in I would keep it unbuilt but that's just the way I collect things. If it's something old but common I don't mind using it but if it's rare I would just enjoy enjoy having it and knowing what it looked like when some yound kid got it home and opened it up.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have an older original Warbucks Falcon model and about 15 other Ford models I haven't put together too. I know, it's odd to have all these models and really no intention to assemble them. I always tell myself it's what I'll do when I retire (whatever that is).

I say, build it and build a nice "little" garage to go with it and park it in there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"