Thread: Collector car insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Jerry, I usually lay out the carpet and then take a poker, like a toad stabber, to locate the hole edges, then a sharp knife into the hole and cut a perfect circle, using the hole as a guide. Helps to find screw holes as well. Larger holes, I try to leave that to precise measurements from key components, or if, like a shifter hole, you can get a rough location to start and then pull the carpet over and continue to trim away a little at a time until it is all the way down.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Carpet

I just put new carpet in my Comet this weekend. All went well. One way I do holes is by using a soldering iron to actually melt through the carpet - such as the holes where the front seat tracks go through the floor, seat belt holes, etc. The heat sort of "cauterizes" the loops so they don't unravel.
    1960 Comet
    1967 Cougar XR7
    www.lattemom.typepad.com/cougar

Guys,

If we are going to talk carpet, let's start a new thread. This topic is for insurance.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Silverbird,

I have ANPAC insurance, and when added up I think the falcon costs me less than $10/month for full coverage. I don't do it so much for the full coverage (my car's only valued at about $3k right now, and I've got more than double that into it), but the cheap rates since I drive it so little. The only catch is you have to have another car on the same policy as a daily driver, and the collector car has to be in a secure garage space.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Thor,

I think this is common with them all. I guess you can't ride a bicycle to work and own a collector car, can you?

Sounds like they're all hitting about the same cost.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"