Thread: differences between the 63 and 64 steering columns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I did the borgenson power steering box on my 65 Falcon.I had to cut the steering column shaft and weld a coupler to the shaft. I now want to install a tilt. steering column.Right now I'm trying to find the steering column in the right length with the right output shaft .It also looks like there's a problem where the column bolt under the dash. The tilt column is a bit longer where the turn signal and the adjustment lever mount.I think you will have about the same problems that I'm running into.

Which column are you looking at that has the tilt feature? I am looking at the Ididit for the '64 Falcon. At this point, I think I would just need to find a Ford compatible column and modify completely. I just need to determine what baseline column to use, then I can modify from there.

In your case, I think you could get away with setting up the column in the position you want, then cut down the bottom end to fit. You may be able to convert to a ragjoint end so you don't have any welding to do (using DD joints). Mounting it to the dash may become a custom bracket to the dash.