Having never owned a wagon I was doing some research to locate the correct fuel tank and sending unit. I came across a few articles dealing with spills while filling up and overflow if the car is parked on a certain angle. I am wondering if these issues are common on wagons and Rancheros, and if they are significant enough to make some modifications to the tank.
I pulled out my tank and I noticed for starters the drain plug is on the top of the tank. In some of the articles I read, they mentioned because the filler tube is almost level with the center of the tank leakage back through the filler pipe onto the quarter panel can occur while parked on a certain angle or going around a corner. Are these real conditions that happen regularly?
I also was wondering where the rubber vent hose that is connected to the metal pipe that disappears into the inside quarter panel goes. I can't imagine it vents into the inside of the rear wheel well.
If I were to put a ''T'' into the drain plug hole and connect the vent hose to the side of it, and then add another 6'' piece of rubber hose on the top port of the ''T'' would that help me at all?
Sorry for the long post, but I hope someone has some ideas, as the tank is out now and I would only like to do this job once, if there is anything I need to do. Thanks to all in advance......