Almost had it running before getting called in for dinner, but it's all together now. Spent the morning meticulously doing the lettering... and man they wanted you to know what this thing was.

2021-03-24 18.19.42.jpg 2021-03-24 18.22.24 (2).jpg

Then worked on getting the motor reworked (from the saw I got for free) and mounted. Not sure how they did it originally, but I ended up getting 8-32 threaded rod and making 7 1/4" studs to screw into the mount plate and adding a couple nuts and a washer to create a space for the motor to breathe. Then I pulled all 4 screws holding it together and held it together as I lowered it over the studs and into the pully. Then nuts up top to put the motor back together. But at that point, that was it. Power cord and hook up the switch and decide what to use for a vise (may get another one).

2021-03-24 18.23.11.jpg

I put a vise from a full size milling machine (I got it for free from the guy I bought my lathe from) on this just to prove to me how much smaller this thing is than I'm used to. I used to have access to all this sort of thing... but in a much larger scale. I used the lather more than a mill, so I think I'll manage.

2021-03-24 18.26.49.jpg