Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
Well, sadly Bob is winning the "make life rough on Dieter" game. He received the carburetor I sent him only to find the thing flooded. The "new" float I used leaked - even after testing it here before shipping it. So I sent another, after testing and setting it up on another 1100 I have, and it still ran like crap. So after a couple dozen forth and back PM's trying to sort things - I had him send it back with the agreement if I had an Ah Ha! discovery I'd fix it and send it back. I couldn't find anything other than the float I sent was somehow bent between "here and here."

2021-02-25 15.18.38.jpg

This is how it was setup when I set it up on the mock carburetor here. You bend the small tab, not the long arm, to adjust it. You want the float near level:

2021-02-25 15.19.10.jpg

Because I wasn't sure that would have caused the issue he was having with it (it still measured close to the right height, though backwards) - he's back to square one with his old one, which oddly didn't run correctly when it was reinstalled either. He just got the parts to fix it today, so he'll have to ring in on the outcome of that.

So yesterday I came across a Facebook thread about these new China 1100 carburetors (I've been eying them a long while) and a couple guys are saying they've had good luck with them.

So, Dieter, here's an offer. If you get one of these and it doesn't work... I'll buy it off you. I've been wanting to get one just to see how well they're made, or not. So, it might be a win/win for you either way. If it works... WIN! If it doesn't... I'll buy it off you. WIN! (Almost).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...Cclp%3A2334524

The only thing about it (from the ad photo) is they have the choke cable coming in from the wrong (passenger) side. This should be reversible by removing the clip on the fast idle cam to remove it and then the screw/stud behind removed and the choke clamp flipped as well as the cam. Or just get the longer choke cable and approach it from the passenger side as it's setup. It has the Spark Advance Control Valve on it (assuming it's doing the right thing), so it should work. I can't find any other specs on it.

Anyway, sorry mine didn't work for you, but maybe the new eBay one will?
great offer roger. I think I will stick with this carb for now. Bob seems to like it best.