Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
So, are you building the motor or is someone else building it to your specs?
I am pretty hung up on this point. I don't feel it's a good idea to try transporting a full crankshaft assembly around in some pointless effort to save a few bucks.
I intended to do a complete tear down myself. But this idea does concern me, as I might not catch something that the machine shop would and the cam bearings sound like a bear of a task.

I think I know the answer is let the machine shop do the entire short block. I'm just reluctant because I know cost creep will ruin most of my plans.

if anyone has recommendations I would gladly take them.

My father in-law knows 'a guy' to do the head. That so far has been my best lead. My father in-law is also a boisterous man with a tendency to be relentless with arguing opinions. He simply does not acknowledge my plans and my choices already made. At this point I have spent 3 years going over all my options and I know for sure what I want now.

I am sorry for rambling about this, I just feel very alone on this journey. This a wedding cake with no recipe and one shot to get it right. All the bakers before me left bread crumbs but no instructions. Every cake will be just a little bit different. Some will be edible, some not. What will mine be?
I have to admit I am terrified of what comes out of that oven, it scares the crap out of me. I'm just a worrier doing my best.