Thread: Hello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Never ending squeak

I had that problem about 6 years ago. I tried all sorts of lubes. I never tried the zert kit, I did not know it existed. I ended up replacing my upper control arms and that did the trick. It was no easy task but a good learning experience. I bought the parts from Bel-Kirk mustang. I would have to find the receipt, but I think I paid around 250$ for the pair. My squeek was waking my neighbors at night and was the source of several nicknames at the time. Good luck to you Kathy

PS

Kenny, just curious as to what "Inline" charges for an allignment. I have had a hard time finding a shop to do that for me. thanks

Keep in mind these prices were 7 years ago so they may have went up some. Adjusting the steering box was $67 and aligning the front suspension was $85. I also spent another $920 on parts and installation for a control arm, upper ball joints, upper inners, strut bushings, and a lube job.

This was kind of interesting too. They list all the before and after measurements.

Before:
    Camber - (L) -1.89, (R) -0.47
    Caster - (L) -0.48, (R) 0.63
    Toe In - (L) 5.8m, (R) -7.9m

After:
    Camber - (L) -0.16, (R) -0.10
    Caster - (L) 0.78, (R) 0.82
    Toe In - (L) 0.8m, (R) 0.8m

It sure drove nice after that. I should go back in to have it aligned and adjust the steering box again plus get the lower ball joints and inners replaced. It's hard to believe it's been 7 years!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)