Just a quick update (since I didn't).

The sale was awesome. Easily made enough to recoup all we paid for that stuff. Probably not much in the way of profit, but certainly didn't loose money - even with the commission. Even still - it took over 30 loads to Goodwill and a few trips of kept items (too good for Goodwill) to empty out the place. Then I spent about 4 weeks doing a full repaint and grounds cleanup to get the house on the market. Finally got it listed on the 5th of December... and got an offer the following week and am in the middle of that sale; and hoping all goes well there. If all goes well closing is in early January!

On the garage front, there was that 750 sq ft thing I mentioned requiring a huge drainage assessment. Over a month has past since learning this and getting these builders to help me move this forward is like pulling teeth. It's very obvious they don't do anything until I call them. Then I get a note - then nothing until I contact them again. I don't often get mad, but I'm being pushed to the edge with this. If I didn't already have a contract and a large deposit I'd walk in a heartbeat. I wrote them a letter (of sorts) today telling them they are on notice. Probably won't help.