Thread: My Quandary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Found a contractor selling plans and a truss package for a 36'X48'. 10' ceilings in part and peaked in the other section which would work for a lift in the future. The apartment area in the floor plan will change to an office, 1/2 bath and storage room. On the left elevation I'll get rid of the right window and replace with a single 10'x9' overhead door

Shop elevation.pdf

sandeno main.pdf
    Last edited by Gitanesteel; September 8th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Gitanesteel View Post
    Found a contractor selling plans and a truss package for a 36'X48'. 10' ceilings in part and peaked in the other section which would work for a lift in the future. The apartment area in the floor plan will change to an office, 1/2 bath and storage room. On the left elevation I'll get rid of the right window and replace with a single 10'x9' overhead door.
    Scott, that's gonna be nice. I'd have loved a larger space as originally planned, but that was why I have nothing as of yet. I've been trying to get an actual schedule from these guys I'm using, but so far it's still vapor. I'm, of course, a bit shell-shocked from the last experience, so I'm sure it's gonna go smoother than the last.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

That is going to be such a great shop. When does the roof go up?
    AND, holy cow those are huge trees. Are those like 100 years old?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Wednesday was a pretty productive day, though I knew when the owner of Garages Etc. called me that morning saying he was coming over there was going to be some delay coming. Just knew it. When the framers actually showed up (first) I figured I was wrong about that. NOT! 15 minutes later he came over to tell me he was pulling the guys off for a couple days to go do something elsewhere to save that customer $10K a day in fines of some sort. [rolleyes] The framers still got all the roof sheathing up and fascia so the roofer, who is coming tomorrow, can do the roof. The roofing material showed up just as the sun was setting, and I wasn't here, so will post pics of the finished roof tomorrow evening... or just roofing material sitting up there. Time will tell.

Hopefully the trees are well rooted...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"