Thread: My Quandary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just a quick update (since I didn't).

The sale was awesome. Easily made enough to recoup all we paid for that stuff. Probably not much in the way of profit, but certainly didn't loose money - even with the commission. Even still - it took over 30 loads to Goodwill and a few trips of kept items (too good for Goodwill) to empty out the place. Then I spent about 4 weeks doing a full repaint and grounds cleanup to get the house on the market. Finally got it listed on the 5th of December... and got an offer the following week and am in the middle of that sale; and hoping all goes well there. If all goes well closing is in early January!

On the garage front, there was that 750 sq ft thing I mentioned requiring a huge drainage assessment. Over a month has past since learning this and getting these builders to help me move this forward is like pulling teeth. It's very obvious they don't do anything until I call them. Then I get a note - then nothing until I contact them again. I don't often get mad, but I'm being pushed to the edge with this. If I didn't already have a contract and a large deposit I'd walk in a heartbeat. I wrote them a letter (of sorts) today telling them they are on notice. Probably won't help.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I have a permit!!!

Just wanted to post an update about this garage thing. As some of you know I fired the previous garage builder because it was growing very clear they had zero clue what it takes to build in the city limits. A two year, $4000, error in judgment. I had talked to a builder during a Tacoma home show and he sounded very knowledgeable and so I called them up after getting a closure refund with the other builder. He came out and gave us a quote, telling us what we could and could not do, and after submitting these plans to us and getting our approval - he headed to the city... only to be turn ed around because he didn't draw the trees in the site plan. But adding those as of yesterday he went back and walked out with our permit!!! OMG, I'm beside myself. What going with the right folks can change. So, hopefully, in the next 10-12 weeks (the lead time of truss delivery) I may be able to work in a garage again! Or at least park in one. Power will come afterward, and here's a kick in the pants... new regulations require I setup the garage with the ability to charge an electric car! The next Ranchero upgrade, maybe?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; August 9th, 2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

So what are the measurements for the garage, Roger. We're looking to move to another place over here in Ellensburg and my requirement is it has to have a shop. Looking at a place tonight with three acres and, if it works out, I'll probably try to go at 30'X45' stick built. If I can get what I want with a pole structure and have space I may try a little bigger. My daughter really wants an indoor batting cage for the next three years and I have a 3/4 ton, Falcon, RV and 15 bicycle collection to put into a shop
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Scott. you'll no doubt have far less hassle out there building whatever you need. Seattle has gone mad. I'm as large as I can go without added distress, which is what I was dealing with before, going larger than "an easy permit" permits. The maximum, which is what I'm going with, is 24x30. I'll add a lean-to and an outdoor room for the compressor so I should have plenty of shop space and car working space. More than I've ever had.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Found a contractor selling plans and a truss package for a 36'X48'. 10' ceilings in part and peaked in the other section which would work for a lift in the future. The apartment area in the floor plan will change to an office, 1/2 bath and storage room. On the left elevation I'll get rid of the right window and replace with a single 10'x9' overhead door

Shop elevation.pdf

sandeno main.pdf
    Last edited by Gitanesteel; September 8th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Gitanesteel View Post
    Found a contractor selling plans and a truss package for a 36'X48'. 10' ceilings in part and peaked in the other section which would work for a lift in the future. The apartment area in the floor plan will change to an office, 1/2 bath and storage room. On the left elevation I'll get rid of the right window and replace with a single 10'x9' overhead door.
    Scott, that's gonna be nice. I'd have loved a larger space as originally planned, but that was why I have nothing as of yet. I've been trying to get an actual schedule from these guys I'm using, but so far it's still vapor. I'm, of course, a bit shell-shocked from the last experience, so I'm sure it's gonna go smoother than the last.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"