Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WOW! Looking great, Roger!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Smooth as a baby's butt...

...was the answer given when I asked what the surface was going to be like. What I found out is that to get that required a lot of hurry up and wait. They were here at 8:00 waiting for the truck(s) to come - it required 2 loads - and they were done pouring at about noon and left at 5:30. Between noon and 5:30 was using the BBM (baby's butt machine) to burnish the surface smooth. About 20-30 minutes wait between passes. Looks good though, and got to show off the Ranchero to the crew.

Now I wait a couple weeks for the building crew to get finished on another build. From then it should be non-stop until a building appears.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hmmm..... wonder how wood-turned dog-dish hubcaps would look.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

If I made them? Not too good.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Very cool, Roger!! I think I've finally got the location of my shop figured out on my place. I've had three big issues - where the power to the house was, where the stupid location for the septic drainfield is at and, the most important from my wife, limit the elimination of views. Now that it's locked down I'll put the final paperwork together and get it to the building department. Trusses are already on the ground in my field so that's a big plus
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Gitanesteel View Post
    Very cool, Roger!! I think I've finally got the location of my shop figured out on my place. I've had three big issues - where the power to the house was, where the stupid location for the septic drainfield is at and, the most important from my wife, limit the elimination of views. Now that it's locked down I'll put the final paperwork together and get it to the building department. Trusses are already on the ground in my field so that's a big plus
    Interesting you had trusses before the rest of it. My trusses were the bottleneck to the process. Almost 3 months for them. It'll be fun to watch another garage going up, so be sure to post your pics too! The forum needs some activity.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"