Thread: My Quandary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good luck with the sale. I looked at the pictures on th auction website. You’z gots lots of stuff!

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Holy cow you are not kidding about epic proportions....those pictures went on forever. You are quite a collector!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

My Quandary

You have more stuff than I could ever imagine. BUT, SELLING WEEPY THE WEE WEE? Good luck Roger. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Of course, after a couple weeks of no rain, the first day of rain is forecast for Thursday.

Also, that isn't all my stuff either. Lot's came up from the south-end. But yeah, a lot of it was mine - all boxed away for slowly being sold-off on ebay to support my retirement. Lacking the garage to store it... it's gotta go. Or at least get widdled down. After the sale I'll see what's left and decide what to do with it. I suspect Goodwill will get a sizable donation, but some is too valuable and I'll have to probably store it. Meeting with a realtor tomorrow to see about getting the house listed.

Busy times.

Larry, you could get the wee wee - or the bobble-head Jesus. I was torn to sell either, but would be happy if you got either of them.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

The sale has been going far better than any of us expected. Tomorrow (Saturday) is 50% off day and will probably clear a lot of what remains out - if they're things people want. I drove out there last night after what was a very high-dollar day (double any guesses we had) expecting a big dent and was very surprised how much was still left. Shocked, in fact. Today was about a third (dollar-wise) and so I suspect there was not as big a dent made yet. Will report back tomorrow evening or Sunday what kind of a mess I've been left with. Then comes the clean-up, boxing up what's left, scrapping some, Goodwilling others, setting things at the curb for free - and then work begins on the house with the hope to get it on the market by the middle of November.

On that note the meeting, again, may be short and sweet again - on the second Wednesday of November this time due to the Thanksgiving holiday timing.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Just a quick update (since I didn't).

The sale was awesome. Easily made enough to recoup all we paid for that stuff. Probably not much in the way of profit, but certainly didn't loose money - even with the commission. Even still - it took over 30 loads to Goodwill and a few trips of kept items (too good for Goodwill) to empty out the place. Then I spent about 4 weeks doing a full repaint and grounds cleanup to get the house on the market. Finally got it listed on the 5th of December... and got an offer the following week and am in the middle of that sale; and hoping all goes well there. If all goes well closing is in early January!

On the garage front, there was that 750 sq ft thing I mentioned requiring a huge drainage assessment. Over a month has past since learning this and getting these builders to help me move this forward is like pulling teeth. It's very obvious they don't do anything until I call them. Then I get a note - then nothing until I contact them again. I don't often get mad, but I'm being pushed to the edge with this. If I didn't already have a contract and a large deposit I'd walk in a heartbeat. I wrote them a letter (of sorts) today telling them they are on notice. Probably won't help.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"