Thread: New Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It was certainly a long and cold Saturday for this guy. I had to go locate new bellhousing bolts and after multiple attempts with mounting the C4 to the block, I was finally happy with it. I couldn't turn the crank bolt so I could tighten the remaining 3 convertor bolts. We got it all sorted out and we were able to set the motor/transmission in at the same time.

I think I might have my motor mounts backwards because the tailshaft cross member bolt is off. The bolt needs to go aft about an inch for it to drop in. I was able to lift the motor up a little and set the transmission bolt and cross member. I need to crawl back under there and verify that I have teh motor mounts correct.

Not as much progress as I wanted but the motor is now off of the stand and in the car. Need to install the new radiator & tranny lines, figure out the one-wire alternator as I swapped from a generator (electrical is not my strong suit), run fuel lines.

Here are few pictures of the engine bay and 347. Excuse the messy shop and I am in the processing of getting power to the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Corbin Johnson
    Roy, WA
    64 Futura
    347, C4