So I decided to go with the 347. I had Johnson's Machine down in Lacey/Tacoma build it and I have to say it was a pleasurable experience. Communication was excellent along with his knowledge of Ford motors. They broke it in on the dyno and is now currently residing on the stand next to the car.

While the motor was out I had Thurston County Transmission go through the C4. Again I feel like I was lucky work with another company who I had a good experience with. Being that I am new to Washington, one of my biggest fears was trying to find good, reputable shops to complete the work that I needed done to the car.

I took advantage of an empty engine bay and sanded everything down and painted it. I was cussing at whoever used some sort of rubber undercoating spray inside the entire bay. After a lot of elbow grease and time, it's looking like new again.

I ordered my Doug's headers the first week of November and finally received them 4 days short of four months. I sure hope that they were worth the wait.

Motor and tranny is going in tomorrow and if all goes well with the motor install and alternator swap, I hope to turn the key by Sunday.