Thread: Freddie comes alive!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    I really fought to determine the route to access the fast idle screw,...
    1. Remove carburetor.
    2. Turn screw.
    3. Install carburetor.
    4. Do cold start.
    5. If you don't like the result, Return to step 1.

That was the only route I could find!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

The right length screwdriver and the correct path (it's hard to find feeling upside-down and backwards, but the path is there nevertheless) I can adjust it without doing all of that. Also leaned the choke out a bit as it came on again fairly soon.

Now if only I could find those radio knobs!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hey! What's going on? I need my Freddie fix....
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

9 days since last update? Hopefully there have been no deaths in the family or medical problems....otherwise:
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I did take a few days off to go down and visit my mom in Oregon, but otherwise I'll blame the Easter Bunny.

I've been changing my mind on some things regarding direction and have decided to go back to battery under the hood. I had a new tray to replace the one that had rotted away, so that got put in yesterday. This change meant I needed a riser for the air plenum to direct it over the motor towards the driver-side. That riser came yesterday and doesn't fit the Holley without a slight modification, so will finish that change today.

Exhaust is in for what I'm going to do myself. Tailpipes will get done in a shop.

I'm going to install the same radio Gary had in it (since the original Radio knobs vanished into the ether) but will upgrade the system a bit with a amp in the trunk and kick panel speakers and dash speakers pulled from my wagon, but nothing like I was going to do. K.I.S.S!

Gene is swinging by this morning to help me bleed the brakes, and with that done I will start the seat rebuilding. New foam has arrived and will really help firm Freddie up in important places.

Hopefully that satisfies an addiction or two. Will post some pictures soon.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"