Thread: Saving Granddad's Falcon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yep, and although I wouldn't exactly call myself "set for life" I'm fortunate enough to be able to do this without taking any food off the table or kids out of college, etc...
    AND, the more I think about all of your cars the more I truly understand what all of you have put into your cars and I know it's an elite group to know a falcon this well- or any car for that matter. The only way in is really time AND money AND love for the car...in some combination. No way you can even do it with money alone in my opinion, but on the other hand sometimes part of it can be done better with money, and definitely faster. My problem is I'm kind of an "all in" kind of guy.

My Dad will be here June 5 for my youngest son's HS graduation and I am really motivated now- it sure will be fun for him to see it. I don't know when the next chance will be and he's at that age he should have a few more years, but you never know. It will be a miracle if it's drivable by then, but sure would be nice. I'll be pretty surprised if it doesn't bring a tear to his eye either way.

I'm having a lot of fun too.

Meanwhile, speaking of knowing when you're over your head (and would end up taking 4 more years for DIY)....check out these pics Phil sent of my rear quarter...all those dents....then nicely hammered out...(it amazes me)...then with the stuff on top. I think he did the epoxy coat today of the body today...looking for some pics soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dhbfaster; March 4th, 2015 at 09:39 PM.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree