Thread: Out for a spin.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's what I have to say about that...

It should have looked like a Keystone cops car going down the road, or something.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Clown car

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Here's what I have to say about that...

It should have looked like a Keystone cops car going down the road, or something.
    Clown car definitely! Left front and right rear. Felt like a Seafair Pirate!
    Dave M
    1963 Ford Falcon Futura convertible 170ci auto.
    Arlington Wa

I can see clearly now, the rain has gone. I can see all obstacles in my way.

We have had some tremendously bad weather during the past week.

"Tampa Bay is under a FLOOD WARNING until 6:30 p.m. Stay inside. Do not drive through standing water"
    bayshore_flood_small.jpg
    dale mabry & henderson.JPG
    South Dale Mabry.jpg

But.... there is only a 20% chance of rain tomorrow so I will get to drive The Wonder Falcon to work tomorrow morning!

I'm doing the happy bannana dance.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 4th, 2015 at 06:39 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

We're all under the impression that at some point all of Florida will be under water. Is that not true?

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Looks like a boat might be more appropriate!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Exploring

The weather finally cleared (for a couple of days) and I drove the perfectly running, instantly responsive, whisper quiet, silky smooth Wonder Falcon to work yesterday.

I took a slight detour on the way home to look at something. The Falcon makes it fun to go driving just for the heck of it.
    1-IMG_1951.jpg

This main road passes right in front of this place, but it is behind a fence. You have to to turn off onto another road before you reach it in order to get to it. It makes it a bit confusing to find the place, even though it is plainly visible from the highway.
    2-IMG_1952.jpg

A friend at work told me that it had used to be a bait and tackle shop, but it had not been open for a long time. No one was there when I visited, but it looks like maybe someone want to make a souvenir shop out of it (?). They have put a lot of work into the place. Look at the painted hand prints on the driveway surface.
    3-IMG_1953.jpg
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

I wonder how many boat owners in the town have said over the years, "Dang-it! Someone stole my floats again....

Good to see it drying out enough for you. Erica skirted you it appears. I hope to finally take my Ranchero "Out for a spin" too this weekend after all the work it's seen. Weather is supposed to be somewhat cooperative for the long Labor Day weekend. Not 100%, but you take what you get.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"