I was also going to mention the fact that the cars were level... and then read further. The pre-64 Falcons didn't have the upward body lines, but the unequal wheel opening did do similar things to the eye.

With the flares equal on my Ranchero, I've noticed almost the opposite effect of the rear looking high, when in fact it isn't. Don't gauge this from my Sig photo - the back end was high in that photo. I had installed a set of Monroe Sensa-trak's on it (they come with coil-over helpers) - plus it also had new leaf springs, which made for a very stiff and high ride. I took these off immediately (anybody with weak rear leafs need a zero mile set of these, cheap?) and have also added 2" lowering blocks to get the rear-end down and appearing equal.

In general, most Falcons I've seen are front high. Not appearing so, but actually are. Maybe this is due to leaf springs sagging faster than coils? Or perhaps they sagged equally over time, but most Falcons (by now) will have had front-end rebuilds and changed coils (while we're at it), but would never consider this for leaf springs. Who changes leaf springs, just because? But leaf springs flatten over time as well.

That Comet is sleek, I agree. Worked on one in high school (my friend's) - a Caliente' - and he was driving it to school one day and someone pulled out in front of him on our 'country roads' south of Sacramento and he ended up in the ditch upside down. I can still remember the picture someone took of him sitting in the seat, all scrunched down, like he had a chop-top Comet. It wasn't. It was a flattened-top Comet. The car was toast.