Thread: Looking for gas cap locking ring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I "think" they are the same. They bolt on and the 4 bolt holes are elongated to allow you to rotate the plate adjust the cap, once tightened, for level (to match body lines or trim if installed).

I know I had one or two of them. I used one doing an in-bed Ranchero gas filler recently, so I'm not 100% sure I have another at this point. Sadly, it may be one of those things I sent to the metal scrap bin at the recyclers after out recent swap meet. Or they went for free to someone at the swap meet.

I have it on my to-do list to dig around my bins for something else (this being on Wednesday, so if you can await this schedule, I'll look to see if I still have one. If I do, you can simply have it. Otherwise I think you can get the filler from FalconParts and toss what you don't need.

Something else you may want to consider, which many people do (they can ring-in with pictures if so-inclined), is to transfer the filler to inside the trunk using a late 60's F100 pickup truck in-cab filler neck. Simple bracket to hold the truck filler tube vertical. The original gas cap attached externally in a permanent fashion, though is now non-functional. Solves the paint damage due to slosh out while filling or driving.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; June 16th, 2014 at 10:53 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"