I bought a PST sway bar for my wagon right after I bought it in 1997. Made a world of difference - especially on a wagon, which is typically squirrely as it is. Bill Williams sold me one (same brand and size) for my Ranchero, which I will be installing soon as well. I'm pretty sure the locations are the same 60-65 for all these brackets and bushings. Not sure why they'd say otherwise. I used the poly bushings on the wagon with no issues so far, but have read complaints about squeaks, IIRC. Been too many years ago.

I assume you have a belly bar under it, but I will probably fabricate one for the Ranchero, as well as a Monte-Carlo bar. Adding a V8 to the Ranchero, when it doesn't have torque boxes - I think it will appreciate any rigidity I can throw at it. The stock 6 belly bar will not fit (I tried) due to the V8 motor mounts. The MC bars I've seen, where they make provision for the air cleaner - I think defeat the purpose of having them. You can't expect a "bent bar" to provide any strength on push/pull and are for looks only, if you ask me. It will simply flex. The bar must be straight to be rigid - unless it is heavy wall and much bigger... like the sway bar is.

I had my headers coated after about 5 or 6 times off getting sand-blasted and painted with everything that claimed to withstand the temps. None did. Finally took it to Performance Coatings too, and has been fine since. You may save a buck or two if you can sand blast it, but they're gonna do it again, I imagine, to deal with the internal cleanliness.